chapter forty-four

"Hello?" Rashir answered his phone, confused as to why Nala was calling him

"Hello?" Rashir answered his phone, confused as to why Nala was calling him. He had just gotten home from eating out with Nico and Mateo after practice and was getting ready to get into bed.

"Hi, are you busy?" Nala asked and Rashir was now doubly confused. He could hear loud music in the background, so it seemed like she was at some sort of party, but he didn't know why she'd be calling him to ask that. He sat up in his bed, turning on the light and checked the time.

"Uh, not really? What's up?" He asked.

"Can you come to this party in D.C? Lo isn't listening to any of us and I'm worried about her–Lo! Get off of the damn table!" He heard her yell in the background.

He hadn't spoken to Lourdes for a couple of days since their fight. He was frustrated that she refused to open up to him, they'd been dating for 4 months now, but he had to practically pry her feelings out of her. They simply weren't seeing eye-to-eye on things and it was starting to get in the way of their relationship.

He was giving her time to cool off from the argument and he needed some time as well. After a couple of days, he'd felt bad for assuming that she was cheating but she really hadn't given him a choice. Whoever was on the other line of the phone she clearly did not want him hearing what they had to say, so now he was curious. While he trusted Lourdes, he was still wary about the entire thing and really just wanted the truth from her, but he knew he wouldn't get it unless he forced it out of her.

He was tired of arguing about the same thing over and over without any change. He knew that she had a fucked up past and he understood that, but bottling it all up inside wasn't healthy and she wasn't understanding that. She insisted she was fine when she wasn't, and resulted to snapping at him when all he was trying to do was help and he was getting sick of it. 

"Send me the address," He sighed, hanging up the phone and getting his keys. He slipped on his crocs and jogged down the stairs, getting a jacket and opening the front door,

"Where you going?" Nico came out of the kitchen when he heard someone opening the door.

"To go pick up Lo, I'll be back," He told him and Nico nodded, telling him to be safe. He got into his car and connected his phone to Bluetooth, typing in the address that Nala sent him and speeding away.

 He got into his car and connected his phone to Bluetooth, typing in the address that Nala sent him and speeding away