chapter forty

February

February.
Rashir sat in Lourdes's room and she was sleeping on top of him while he was on his phone, bored. She had gotten her period two days before and she was suffering from cramps, so when he arrived at her apartment and saw how annoyed she was, he suggested that she take a nap. She had been in a bad mood the entire day and he hoped she'd wake up in a better mood because he was not used to the attitude she was giving him. They had planned for him to come over the day before, but when he showed up at her door she barely greeted him, just holding the door open for him and retreating back to her room where her heating pad and snacks were waiting for her.

His back was beginning to ache from laying in the same position for over an hour, so he put his phone down and attempted to stretch. He twisted his body to the side, being careful not to wake her up, and winced when she slid off of his chest a little, praying that he didn't wake her.

Unfortunately, his prayers were not answered when she began to stir and squinted her eyes open with a frown on her face.

"Hi Princess," He smiled sheepishly, feeling bad that he had woken her up.

"What time is it?" She grumbled, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. She reached for her phone that was on her nightstand and groaned when she read the time, "Why did you wake me up bruh," She snapped, hopping off of her bed and exiting the room, slamming the door behind her. He sat there, shocked and slightly amused at her attitude. He honestly hoped that the nap would help her feel better but clearly he was wrong.

She came back a minute later with some mango juice in her hand and chips, still annoyed and he watched her movements as she sat back down on her bed and ignored his presence, grabbing her laptop to watch something while she ate her snacks.

"Lo I'm sorry," He spoke, but she continued to look straight, not even glancing at him. He almost wanted to laugh but he didn't, knowing it would make her even more upset. "Baby you really mad at me? I ain't mean to wake you up–"

"But you did! I was having a good ass dream too!" She snapped, finally acknowledging him. When he chuckled at her dramatics she rolled her eyes, not finding a single thing funny. "Keep fucking laughing, you're gonna be mad when I kick you out," She huffed, going back to watching a random Youtube video on her laptop. When he saw that she was being serious, he stopped laughing and paused her video, picking her up and placing her back on his lap while she sucked her teeth in annoyance.

"I'm sorry baby, you can go back to sleep if you want," He offered but she shook her head.

"I lost all my tired,"

"Okay, you wanna go get food then? We can go to Chick Fil A if you want," He tried again but she wasn't having it.

"I don't want food, I'm not hungry," She got off of his lap and stood up to grab her Macbook charger that was on her desk. She closed her curtains since it was getting dark out and people would be able to see into her room from the street since she had her lights on.