chapter thirty-one

After Rashir was able to get Lourdes to calm down, she tried to put off telling him what had happened but he forced it out of her

After Rashir was able to get Lourdes to calm down, she tried to put off telling him what had happened but he forced it out of her. She knew Rashir's anger issues were terrible and she didn't want him to go off and get himself into trouble over her problems. Once she explained what had gotten her so upset, she could see him getting visibly angry. His jaw was ticking with his fists clenched at his sides and his nostrils were flaring. He walked her back to the group and made her sit down with everyone and told her that he'd be right back. She reluctantly explained to the rest of them what happened, and by the time she was finished, Rashir had come back with split knuckles that he was trying to hide, but she saw them anyway.

Everyone was immediately concerned for her and the boys were on their feet when she told them about the man but she heard Rashir whisper to them that he 'Handled' it and they calmed back down. She pursed her lips at the fact that Rashir had found the guy and fought him, just because of her but she kept quiet and refrained from scolding him.

"You still feel like going out to eat Lo? We can just go back home-"

"No!" Lourdes cut in, she plastered a fake smile on her face, "Of course we can still go," She insisted while they packed their things up. It was around 6 and their reservation at the restaurant was at 7:30, but the drive was going to be at least 45 minutes. Even though she wasn't really okay, she would feel terrible if they missed their reservation all because of her. It felt like she kept burdening them with her problems and she hated it. They were supposed to be on a vacation and she kept ruining it.

"Are you sure?" Nala asked.

"Yes," She reassured them, even though it was clear they were all still hesitant, "C'mon, let's go change," She grabbed her tote bag and began walking towards the car to get her clothes for the restaurant, not looking back to see if they were following her. She made it to the car before the rest of the girls so she waited by the door so Nala could unlock the trunk.

Once the girls caught up to her, they all gathered their things from the trunk and the boy showed them the way to the private huts that they could change in. Lourdes was excited to finally wear the dress she had packed specifically for a fancy dinner. It was a one-shoulder dress with a mix of different blues, green and black. It had a slit in the slide with gold rings that kept it together. She also packed a pair of green heels and her chunky gold hoops to match.