Chapter Thirty-Four: "We'll Be Fine."

Word Count: 3836

My body skids against the floor as I'm pulled away from the explosion. A gasp leaves my lips before the line blinds us all, making me wave my hands in front of my eyes to cover it. I hear loud shouts and such from the police and Pro Heroes around me.

When my body stops moving, it's because my back hits a piece of large rubble left over from Mt. Lady's attack. However, I feel like I've been thrown yards down. My eyes open and I look up to see Best Jeanist, dropping down with shaking legs and his arms thrown out behind him.

Mt. Lady is sprawled out on the floor a few feet from me, now in her smaller form. Tiger is furthest away with Ragdoll still in his arms, shoulders shaking from the sudden movement. I notice Gang Orca is to my left, a few police officers safe from the blast because of his shielding. Other officers are spaced out in the rubble. I can't tell who's alive or who's not.

Something tickles my leg. A thin threat from my shirt.

Best Jeanist must've used his quirk to pull everyone away at the last second of the explosion.

Smart for the majority of us, but Best Jeanist is laying on the floor, breathing heavily.

I lift myself to sit up, trying to bring my hands to my chest to huddle into a small space. But my left arm is stuck under a giant piece of rubble. I inhale sharply, the pain beginning to set in.

My fingers are just barely able to move under the little space I have under the debris. I slip my other hand under, activating my quirk and reducing the bricks to dust. I wiggle my fingers, thanking God for the chance to move them again.

The whole place has been levelled out, the floor now even with dust and crushed building blocks around. It looks like the whole block has been destroyed.

I don't get anymore time to think when I hear an echoing voice. Deep and fearing.

"I see why you're the No. 4 Hero, Best Jeanist." All For One speaks, clapping his hands slowly as Best Jeanist stares at his with pure dread, "That blast should have annihilated the lot of you. But you were able to manipulate everyone's clothing and pull them out of the way just in time."

All For One floats up into the air, looking smaller from all the way back here. "Quick thinking." He compliments the hero. But I can tell he says it with no good intentions. "Consider me... impressed."

Best Jeanist shakily lifts his head, using the threads from his costume to hold him up. He sends others shooting towards the villain.

I'm shocked that he could still move. The determination to save everyone here is amazing. Best Jeanist is one of the most selfless heroes I've ever had the privilege to meet.

But that reminds me.

Where's Dad?

I thought he'd be here with Best Jeamist, as they are close colleagues who work together regularly. But if he was to be working at this time, perhaps they've sent him somewhere else. Meaning that there are two places that the police and Pro Heroes are infiltrating.

I wonder what Dad must've encountered.

I'm wishing the highest for Best Jeanist.

But All For One only lifts his head, causing a sharp and precise attack to land Best Jeanist's way, spraying blood over his stomach and crumbling the dirt he sat on. The attack is enough for me to go dizzy from how fast it was.

I call loudly, standing up with all my strength, "BEST JEANIST!"

The No. 4 Pro Hero drops to the ground, body limp and blood flooding his clothes. I freeze.