Chapter Nine: UA Sports Festival #3

Word Count: 4137

"Shinso Hitoshi from General Studies has gotten the better of Midoriya Izuku from the Hero Course!" Present Mic shouts to us. I run a hand through my loose hairs, leaning back in my seat.

Mina, who is sitting in front of me, gasps and turns her head in my direction, "Hey, you know Shinso, right? What's with him, what's his quirk?" All the eyes turn to me, with the exception of Bakugou who couldn't care less about Midoriya's match.

As I fumble with my fingers, I huff, "He's got this 'override' quirk. I don't exactly know the limits to his power, but all I know is that when he used it on me, I was talking one second and then I was buying him some collars for his pet. I hope." I scratch my neck, Kaminari beside me leaning back in his chair.

"Damn, this dude has some quirk." He says.

We watch as Midoriya suddenly turns around, walking towards the out of bounds area. My class shouts out to him, trying to free Midoriya from his prison.

I hear Present Mic call out to us, "Shinso Hitoshi. Quirk: Brainwashing! Answering his question turns on a brainwashing switch in his opponent's brain, forcing them to do what he says." I clutch onto the pants, leaning forward as Midoriya gets closer and closer to the edge.

"If he doesn't want the brainwashing switch to turn on, it won't!" As Present Mic goes on about the match, Kaminari leans towards me. He whispers, "So... uh, you know Shinso pretty well, right?"

I squint at him slightly, crossing my arms over my chest. "No, Shinso and I are definitely not dating." I scoff, eyes going back to Midoriya. Kaminari hums, "Oh okay. Cool, cool, that's nice to know."

I hear a voice on the far end of the seats. "This guy! His quirk is like one a villain would have! How cruel." They say, making me turn my head to them. As I go to argue with Mineta for what he said, I find myself stopping short.

I lean back in my seat, grumbling to myself, "A villain can have any quirk. It doesn't matter what it is, it just matters how you use it." Kaminari looks to me, asking me what I said. I shake my hands and give a small grin, saying it was nothing.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blows through the playing field. Shinso is trying to hold himself up as Midoriya gets clouded by the dust.

"Midoriya's stopped!" Present Mic tells us.

Iida and Uraraka both cheer louder than the rest of us as we call on Midoriya.

I smile again, seeing Shinso slightly confused, shouting out to him Midoriya walking towards him again. He's trying to use his quirk again. But Midoriya begins to push him towards the edge of the playing ground.

Shinso throws a punch, but my classmate doesn't budge. He keeps on going. Until Shinso turns around and sees what Midoriya was doing. Shinso changes their spots, now with a hand against Midoriya's face and pushing him now.

"Come on, Midoriya!" Our class cheers him on. I hold my breath as he then flips Shinso over his shoulder. I widen my eyes, leaning forward. "My God..." The purple-haired boy harshly hits the ground, making all of our jaws drop.

Midnight holds up her hand. "Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to Round Two!" The crowd applauses as Midoriya catches his breath.

Shinso glares up at the sky. He looks pissed off.

I've seen that expression on him before. In middle school, when some kids would get in trouble for something they did by themselves, they'd pull Shinso into it. They'd say they were brainwashed by Shinso to do those things.