Chapter Fifty-Two: The Same

Word Count: 9025

My sleep feels different in my bed. Even though it's the same mattress I've had for the past seven years, I can't help but identify that aspect of restlessness I experience as soon as I lay down.

I stayed awake for another hour after I turned off my lights. My body was still tingling from the feeling of coming home. It's so weird, I don't feel like myself. I'm a shell. Just when I thought I was getting used to the moving concrete in my body, I go off and feel like this again.

I know that part of it is because I'll have to tell the people I care about and trust to not judge me. And a bigger part of it is because I know I'll have to tell Katsuki. I'm scared of that.

How would they react to such a big change? Maybe they noticed something was off last night? I'm overthinking this, aren't I? There's nothing to worry about.

The uncomfortableness of my bed irks me to toss and turn in the dark. It was easier to sleep in the hospital, I don't understand how. The way the material moves around my body makes me feel... itchy? Or... I don't really know, I don't like it at all. It keeps me up. I was only able to feel comfortable after throwing my blanket off of me and putting an extra pillow under my waist. And still then, I was uncomfortable.

I fall asleep at 2 AM and my body wakes me up at 6 AM. I usually wake up at 7:15 for school.

I tried to fall asleep again until it was 6:20. I get up, get ready to go downstairs to begin breakfast, and then grab my phone. When my door locks behind me, I start to the elevator. I have a text from my mother.

Mum

Honey, I'm sorry about everything. I truly don't know what to do, I never in my life believed that it would come to this. I didn't prepare anything to say [...]

The rest is cut off because I didn't open the message. I put my phone back into my pocket and watch the doors open, ready for me to walk into the common area. As expected, the kitchen is empty. The sun is shining through the windows, that early morning brightness lighting up the room. I go to the fridge and read the large whiteboard on it. We would use it to write stuff like what we need for groceries, who is cooking what meal and some silly little messages (Sero drew himself in a suit made of tape and it lasted two weeks before Mina wiped it off when Sero drank her energy drink).

It says Todoroki and Kaminari are meant to be cooking breakfast today. I blink before opening the fridge and grabbing ingredients, making sure not to take any that have people's names on it (a rule created in the dorms says that if someone's name is written on the package, you cannot partake, and if you fail to shield your belongings from anyone else, it is your fault). I pour myself orange juice and turn on the stove, deciding on pancakes.

It doesn't take me long anyway. After 30 mins, I'm sitting down and eating. I don't like the way I can feel the food move about my body. Weird...

As I'm finishing up, someone walks through the door. Aizawa.

"L/N, good morning. I was hoping you were about to get up." It's 7:15 now, on the dot. Mr Aizawa changes into his inside slippers and walks towards the kitchen. I put my dishes in the sink, rinsing them all and placing them in the dishwasher. My teacher hums, "How did you sleep?"

"It was okay. Why are you here so early?" I respond quickly, tilting my head.

"That's good to hear." Mr Aizawa responds, hands in his pockets. His hair is tied up and he's wearing a casual black outfit, ready to go somewhere based off his shoes as well. "Now, I understand that you had just come home last night, but I need to discuss with you another visit to the hospital."