Chapter Eleven: UA Sports Festival #5

Word Count: 4006

I sat beside Kaminari once again, clenching my jaw a bit as I watched Kirishima battle Bakugou. The fight was intense with close-combat as Kirishima wouldn't let Bakugou get too far away without landing a hit.

It was filled with Kirishima's relentless punches, Bakugou's quick dodges and counters. It was by far one of the most intense matches so far because of the equalled abilities between the two. I had to take note.

Although my match is next and I should be resting for it, I needed to know who I'd be versing.

It was either Kirishima or Bakugou at this point. Now... no offense to Kirishima, but I know that Bakugou will win this one.

It brings me back to what Bakugou said earlier about how quirks rely on physucal abilities too and how they can be worn out if used too much. I can tell the red-haired one is already losing so much energy from activating his quirk for too long, whilst Bakugou is saving it up.

In the end, the ash-blonde did exactly what I had thought and expected. He has won by immobilising Kirishima.

"Oh wow, he looks so beat." Kaminari sighs, leaning forward to look at Kirishima better. Sero and I nod our heads and hum in agreement.

The tape quirk user look to me. "You're versing Bakugou next, aren't you, L/N?"

I nod at Sero and say, "Yeah, I'm super determined to win. If I beat Bakugou, that's makes me so much more closer to defeating Todoroki as they both have amazingly fast moves."

Bakugou turns around, wiping his red-stained cheek. Kirishima managed to cut his cut only slightly, but that was the closest he got to having the upperhand. It was incredible.

Present Mic tells us, "With that vicious carpet-bombing, Bakugou advances to the third round! And that completes the final four!"

The pictures of Todoroki, Iida, me and Bakugou pop up in that order. We're in the semi-finals.

I had decided to make my way to the waiting room. I chose to go to the one further away from where Bakugou entered as he likely went to that one. I took a sip of water from my drink bottle, trying to think to myself in the empty room.

From his fight with Kirishima, it's shown that Bakugou had got incredible defense as well as offense. He's fast with no lag time in his quirk. Not to mention, he can make multiple uses of it. I need to find that small crack in his wall of power, and open it up so I can drag it down.

Over the announcement speakers, I hear that Todoroki and Iida had faced off. Whilst Iida was incredibly fast, Todoroki had managed to immobilise him.

I begin to walk down the hall towards the battle field when I see a figure in front of me. I immediately recognise who it is.

"Todoroki, congratulations on advancing to the final round!" I chime, waving my hand to him.

Todoroki, in return, stops his steps and looks down the hall to me. "Oh, L/N. Thank you, I look forward to watching your match against Bakugou. I hope it ends in your favour." He says to me in a mono-tone voice.

But I can tell that he is at least trying.

Chuckling back at Todoroki, I start my way down the hall with a wave over my shoulder to him. "Thank you very much, Todoroki. I'll see you after I finish this match, ok?" I say to him before rushing down the hall to the semi-finals match.

As I'm walking towards the battlefield, Present Mic shouts, "Match two of the semi-finals! Bakugou VS L/N! I'm excited to see how this ones goes, how about you, Eraser?"