Chapter Thirty-Seven: Settle In

Word Count: 5967

We all had half a week to calm down from the camp situation. And by Wednesday, just as Mr Aizawa said, we would all be standing outside our new home.

My boxes were packed and ready to go, all downstairs in the living room. I included my photos, disassembled desk and chair, as well as all my books and stuff. All the essentials.

Katsuki said he wanted to drop by mine first before we head to the school. Something about being safe. And plus, the trains wouldn't be running today because part of the train lines were destroyed in the last fight between All Might and All For One.

As he grabbed his bag, he asked me over the phone, "How the Hell did Ponytail, Icy-Hot, Stupid Deku, Spectacles and Shitty Hair even find us?"

I was fixing my tie, having him on speaker. "I don't know. I doubt the Pros would've told them." I state to Katsuki, tightening the fabric, "Maybe they tracked them down."

He clicks his tongue, zipping up his bag, "And how the fuck would they do that?"

I shrug my shoulders to myself. A habit I've made when talking to Hitoshi, Katsuki or Eijiro over the phone. I act as if they're right in front if me, even though I know they aren't. It makes me comfortable.

"I don't know, I'm just giving an educated guess here." I say to Katsuki, straightening out my skirt, "It was either Eijiro or Yao-Momo."

He gives me a hum, almost like asking what I meant.

"Yao-Momo could've created something to track them down." I remind him, looking myself in the mirror once more, "And you didn't see Eijiro? Damn, that boy must be loaded. He brought his own night-vision goggles."

Katsuki asks me, "What the Hell are you going on about?"

I reply, putting my books and stuff in my bag, "You didn't see it? On the way to the police department, I asked him when he had in his hand. He had some night-vision goggles, but it was broken from the blast back at the warehouse."

He hums back once, showing that he's acknowledged what I was saying. Then, I go on, "It's actually pretty expensive. My dad had to use a similar model for one of his missions..."

I play with the end of my tie. "I... feel kind of bad. He brought that to come save us, and now it's ruined." I admit to him.

Katsuki doesn't say anything back to me.

"I'm gonna pay him back." I say.

"I will too then." Katsuki says lowly, and I hear him close his door, "I'll look like a shitty person if I don't anyway."

"I help my mum teach some kids at work, so I'm taking it out of my pay. Plus I still have money from Christmas and birthdays." I state to Katsuki, now walking down the stairs, "I'm paying about ¥6,000."

He hums back to me, "Alright, whatever. I'll pay the same. You ready or what? I'm about to leave."

I nod my head. "Yeah, I am. It's gonna' be so weird going to school without the others." I point out to Katsuki.

He grunts, and I hear cars driving around, "Thank fucking God. I wanna' go at least one fucking day without hearing those idiots complain in the morning."

I grin to myself, walking into the kitchen and seeing my parents. "I guess that means I'm better than the others, huh?" I joke, pulling away to say 'goodmorning' to my parents.

Dad asks who I'm talking to.

I show him my phone that has the name 'Katsuki' on it.

He wiggles his brows and gives me kissy faces.