Chapter Fifty-Three: Open Up

Word Count: 6943

(A/N: Sorry for the lesser word count!!! I'm writing some drafts for my new jjk megumi x fem reader fic!!!!)

"My name is L/N Y/N, I'm here to see Dr Iano and Miss Eri." I say, my school bag on my shoulder and my other hand playing with my tie. I watch the receptionist click on her keyboard before handing me some sort of pass that showed the rooms I would be sent to. "Thank you."

I walk through the halls, ready to meet with Dr Iano in a spare room that wasn't occupied yet. Mr Aizawa sent me here earlier than the Midoriya and Togata so I could have my appointment, and leave with the boys after we were all finished. I sat in my uniform, watching the birds outside before the doctor comes in, holding his tablet and smiling at me.

I found out after my eyes had healed over due to my surgery, that Dr Iano was a happily married man of 20 years, wearing white-trimmed glasses and sporting a picture of his wife and his kids in his wallet that he happily showed me.

"Ms L/N, I'm surprised to see you." He says, tilting his head, "We don't have a scheduled appointment until next week. What did you need?"

"Good morning, Dr Iano. I just wanted to update you on my quirk usage." I respond, watching as he sits down in front of me. The tablet he holds has all my records, and I can tell he's sifting through it by the look on his face.

"Okay. Tell me what happened." He tells me.

I tell him about what happened at school with Katsuki and our training. And how my quirk went off without me activating it in my hands, which makes Dr Iano raise his brows. 

"My goodness..." He says, typing along on the tablet, "Well, I can safely say that it's good you brought it to our attention. Have you ever used your quirk like that before? As in use that defensive manoeuvre?"

I nod my head slowly. "Once, two years ago." 

"I see. It's seems like your quirk has some sort of memory bank. It sort of remembers what moves you have used and chooses. You say you didn't mean to do that to him, right?" He says, coming closer with a flashlight and a few other tools to do a physical check. My eyes are first. "Do you think it'll become an uncontrollable problem in the future? If so, I can administer quirk reducers to help you slowly learn how to handle your powers."

I think about it for a second. I've looked into that in the past with Aunt Yori. Those things, doesn't matter which brand, have been known to cause serious injuries, some long-lasting and some where suffering is all there is. I never want to turn to those.

"I would rather not." I reply, sliding the blood pressure monitor around my arm. It begins to squeeze. "I think I'll try and handle it as it is now. I'm working hard."

"I understand, Ms L/N." Dr Iano replies, putting his tablet back on the table. He folds his hands onto his lap. "So you just want me to put this in my notes? Is there any other reason you came here to see me?"

"My quirk is evolving. I don't have to touch my fingers to activate it in my hands anymore." I explain, fixing my tie, "Now that my quirk is constantly keeping me alive, I have no way of turning it off."

Dr Iano looks perplexed.

"There is truly nothing I can do about that." He expresses, leaning against the desk now, "Quirks are always evolving. And in your case, we do not have any references to go off of due to you being the only one in our records with your quirk."

He tells me that I am making good progress and I should continue to do so from now on. But I only listen and think. I'm not sure what my future looks like.