Chapter Two: First Day

Word Count: 3705

I couldn't believe it. My eyes were kept on the scores the whole entire time I was watching my result hologram.

No. 4: L/N Y/N
VILLAIN POINTS: 36
RESCUE POINTS: 32

'Young L/N, you have shown an incredible use of your quirk. And I must say, I have only met one other person with the power of Transmutation. Although she isn't here to say it, I guarantee that she would be proud of you. I have also heard from a certain teacher from Nabu Middle School that you were a very smart student. I look forward to meeting you, UA awaits!'

The rest of the hologram's words were buzzed out. I could just hear my heart beating so fast and my mother's suppressed laughs. She was as excited as me. I looked up to my dad and saw his shocked face.

He mumbled to me quietly as the hologram shut down, "You... You came 4th?" I feel a frown dawn onto my face. His voice was monotone, his eyes wide and jaw just hung. I stare at the floor and say, "Yeah... It's not 1st, some kid named Bakugou got it, but it's still good, right?"

Dad finally looks at me and places a hand on my head. He breathes in before breaking into an embarrassed expression. "I only got 9th place when I did my entrance exam."

I widen my eyes as Mum breaks into her laughter. She mutters out, "My wonderful girl! You got 4th place out of hundreds of participants! I'm so proud of you!" She embraces me in a hug, a tight one that allows little space to breath. Dad joins in, ruffling my hair now. "We knew you could do it, Y/N. You're going to be a great UA student."

I feel my eyes begin to water a bit and I dig my head into Mum's shoulder. "Thank you!" I call, trying to hold in my sobs of happiness. We stand there in the kitchen, the three of us crying like idiots.

UA, here I come.

A Few Days Later . . .

Hitoshi texted me to meet him at UA, since he said he needed time to get ready. I told him that he shouldn't take that long, it was just our first day, not a date. He told me that I have the worst standards when it comes to appearance. I told him that he was one to talk.

I gripped my bag strap tightly as I passed other students. Most of them looked older than me, perhaps Second Years. Most of them were whispering about us First Years and I had expected that. I also compare my same year students and experience with a former year level. It was like a second step when meeting new people.

I look up from my phone when I'm about to collide with someone, quickly stepping back and holding my breath, hoping the person didn't notice. Luckily they didn't, and went on with their morning.

"Over here, Y/N." I notice someone saying. I turn around to see Hitoshi standing there and waving his hand half-heartedly. He wears a tired expression. I jog over and we begin to walk into the building. "You look good." He comments, eying me from head to toe.

I was wearing the uniform with knee-length black socks. I tied my hair up so it was out of my face. My tie was done nicely by my father this morning. Before he left, Dad left a note saying that I could wear the vest or blazer today. Mum said blazer. "Morning, 'Toshi, and thank you. You look pretty good too. How's your day so far?" I ask him.

My friend seems more annoyed today. "Not so peachy. I just found out my class and my score. Want to know how many Villain Points I got?" Slowly, I nod my head. This didn't sound so happy. Hitoshi rubs his neck and grunts, "I only got 4 Villain Points. And to add after that, I got 16 Rescue Points because I just made people get out of the way 16 Points in total, what a buzzkill." I pout a bit at my friend. As we walk down the hall.