Chapter Thirty-Six: Dormitory System

Word Count: 5750

A day has passed now. Since the kidnapping.

And I can't say for sure that it's been good.

As soon as I was allowed home, Mum was running up to me and hugging me tightly. It overwhelmed me and I was stiff, just staring at the wall. It took me a second to actual realise that I was to hug her back. She was talking.

I wrapped my arms around her and she spoke about how sorry she was that this happened and how she missed me so much. She was panicking.

I rubbed her back and told her that it was okay now. That was a few nights ago.

But I can't deny that the kidnapping hadn't done anything to me.

I have moments when I'm alone where I'm thinking about everything.

The villains that attacked us and how me and Katsuki dealt with it all.

All that jazz, it's the simple things. Those situations I will have to deal with when I become a full-time Pro Hero.

But I've had articles about All Might's 'end' pop up on my feeds. And it hurts. Reading how he 'sacrificed himself for the two helpless UA students that were kidnapped', how 'All Might's career came to a jaw-dropping end with the stolen UA students'.

People were harsh. Whether on purpose or not. It hurt to read.

Comments were filled with some UA haters. They said that it was irresponsible of them. How they should've taken extra precautions, especially after the USJ attack.

There were some people who talked about the hero system in general. They knew about the Provisional Licenses that Pro Heroes needed to be able to use their quirks in battle. They said that the system wasn't built right, and that it wasn't taking into consideration situations like this.

Others blamed us. Katsuki and I. The kidnapped. They said that we were in UA to be strong, and that we should've been able to fight against the villains, regardless of age. That the Hero Course was meant to be making us strong and molding us to become Pros.

A comment struck out to me.

'If these are the future generation of Pro Heroes, then we are fucking doomed'

Why would someone say that? Something that terrible, that makes us seem like we're the ones taking down the rest of the future heroes.

If it wasn't enough that I just ended...

I don't like any of this.

Thank God no one had come to my house yet, probably scared off by Cessation. No paparazzi or reporters. No one.

Because that's overwhelming. The public taking in Katsuki and I's situation and focusing on the bad part of the end result.

"Hey, Kiddo?" Dad calls from downstairs. I can hear his work boots heaving onto the floor. That means he's heading to that conference about the League of Villains incident. He should be back by 2:30 this afternoon. "I'm heading out now, do you want anything for lunch?"

I pop my head out from my room and shout back to him, "Uh, can you just me some udon? The one from the place near your agency!"

I get a confirmation in return before I hear the front door lock. He's left. And Mum was in the front living room watching her shows. Then, I smile and shut my door.

Katsuki and I were to stay in our houses for a few days, until UA or the police say otherwise. We were only allowed a few feet outside from the house, but that was it. It wasn't even for more than 20 minutes. If we were further out then the police would be notified immediately.