Chapter Thirty: Training Camp #4

Word Count: 4050

I takes two steps back as the villain's blades shoot down towards the ground I was on, making my slightly gasp before seeing Bakugou aim a punch at the stranger's body. But he ultimately misses, as the villain drags himself back behind him, making Bakugou land without a hit.

"Katsuki, you shouldn't—" I say, only to see him let off small explosions from his palms.

"Shut the Hell up! I know what I'm doing!" He calls back, rushing the villain instead.

I hold my breath for a moment, not really used to hearing him yell at me like... that. It's usually just out of laughs and such, but he seemed different now that we were fighting. I push it aside.

I hear Todoroki ask out loud to Katsuki and I, "Does anybody know who he is?"

He draws out a large icicle, pushing the enemy back further as Bakugou gets too far forward. I'm thankful Todoroki is smart enough.

"His name is Moonfish!" I state, clapping my hands and creating a dome around the villain, "His quirk is called 'Blade-Tooth', he teeth are like blades and move on his will. My dad locked him up a while ago..."

Moonfish breaks out of my dome of mud, making my click my tongue in annoyancd. As Bakugou goes in to attack, Todoroki creates a wall of ice in between them again. It stops the villain's attack from landing on us, but also making Bakugou stand back.

Todoroki warns Bakugou, readjusting Tsuburaba on his back, "Don't rush into this fight carelessly!" That makes Bakugou glare harder into the wall of ice. "Weren't you listening to Mandalay? They're here because they're after you!"

"Telling us not to engage and then changing their minds." Bakugou scowls, a large smirk on his face as if he was getting more and more heated by thr second, "I don't know how, but I get the feeling this is Deku's fault..."

He suddenly jumps around the ice wall, ready to fight Moonfish as he yells, "Well I don't care what anyone says!"

The blades stuck in the ice suddenly shoot towards him, making Bakugou lean back to dodge. I try to hit Moonfish with flying projectiles, but he quickly escapes our grasps, flying himself back into the trees. I send a tremble through the ground to try and locate the villain, but it doesn't work.

Todoroki curses out, careful not to move Tsuburaba that much, "Damn it! He's good at moving through this terrain with his quirk!"

Bakugou retorts, standing up straight again with clenched fists, "This freak looks like a scrawny little sidekick to me! Come on, ya' bastard!"

I hold my breath as Moonfish picks himself up, higher than the trees near us. Todoroki mumbles out worriedly, "This clearly isn't his first fight."

Moonfish groans, arching his back as he faces us, "Show me...! Show me your exquisite flesh!"

The day Dad fought against Moonfish was my first day of Second Year Middle School. I was walking home with Hitoshi when I got a notification from my news app that Cessation was now ending a fight with the recently wanted Moonfish.

It was exciting and such until I came home. Dad had cuts all over his arms, bandages from head to toe. He was standing in the kitchen and Mum was scolding him for being so careless, as she watched the fight on the news and saw how he was fighting. He was distracted by the civilians around.

When I interrupted them, Dad gave me a smile before waving at me. He asked me if I watched the match. I said 'no', but that I read the after report.

He gave me a head pat, but winced in doing so. I stepped back and stared at him. He was a mummy now, he could barely move without hurting himself. The sight made my heart speed up with nervousness, and I didn't want to see this anymore. I could feel my eyes stinging and the tears were falling from my face.