Chapter Fourteen: Hero Names

Word Count: 4145

"Yeah, okay, Dad." I huff into the phone, sitting in between Kirishima and Ojiro on the train, "I'll be home right after school."

I looked at my friends. Mina sat beside Ojiro and talked about the festival. Kirishima had halted his conversation with me when Dad called, so he was chatting — well, trying to — with Bakugou.

He refused to sit next to me again after what happened last time.

It's fine, I didn't need a heart anyway.

Dad voice rose from my phone. It sounds shaky and unsure. "Don't worry, it's just about your uncle." He tells me, and I feel my heart drop.

I haven't talked about my uncle since I was a First Year in Middle School. For some reason, my parents refused to say his name, so I couldn't refer to him with his name anymore.

Maybe it had something to do with Middle School, but I would never know. It wasn't his fault.

I never pushed further, only to ask if he was okay. They told me that he was fine where he was.

What confused me more was the fact that my mother was really close to her siblings. Aunt Yori was younger than her and so was Uncle, but he was younger by a lot. In fact, he's only a few years older than me.

It was a personal matter for my mother, but she did tell me that Uncle was only related to her and Aunt Yori by half-blood. I knew he was somehow 'different' by the way he acted and such, but Uncle was still a big influence on my life just like Aunt Yori.

When Aunt Yori couldn't train me, Uncle would teach me a few things as he had a very similar quirk to me. His one seemed more 'advanced' then Aunt Yori's and mine.

But we shut him out a long time ago.

So why did Dad want to talk about him?

I clear my throat, "R—Right. I'll be quick to get home, Dad.

Dad hangs up and I put my phone in my pocket. I turn my head to the boy beside me. "So, Kirishima, what were we talking about?" I ask as he looks to me.

He rubs the back of his neck and chuckles, "Y'know you can just call me 'Eijiro', right?"

I widen my eyes. "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, of course." He says to me, tilting his head down, "I mean, we're practically best friends by now, even though it's only been a few months." His red eyes land on me again and he's waving his hands. "Well, you don't need to call me 'Eijiro', it's just a little option you have..."

I place my hands on my lap and give him a smile. "Okay, Eijiro, then you can call me 'Y/N'." I tell him.

As we continue to talk, Bakugou makes noises and clicking sounds to tell us that he's irritated by our loud conversation. Or maybe he just wanted to remind us that he was sitting there.

At school, it seemed to be somewhat better. Nobody looked like they were holding grudges against our classmates.

Except for Hitoshi.

When he saw me walk in the school gates with Bakugou, Kirishima, Mina and Ojiro, he seemed to like glaring at a certain spiky-haired blonde. But he did greet me as we passed.

He gave a 'hey Kitten'.

Ojiro looked as if he was about to vomit. Mina glared at the guy. Kirishima gave a polite nod with a wary look. Bakugou flat out ignored him but growled a little bit.

I said 'morning, 'Toshi'.

Some upperclassmen were whispering about us First Years. I heard a few 'I heard that girl went crazy in her final match' and 'that guy went pretty harsh on that last girl he fought, she was trying so hard'.