Chapter Five: After

Word Count: 3991

When the police arrived five minutes later, they took Midoriya and All Might out immediately. I didn't get to see the Pro Hero leave, but when Kirishima tried to get to our classmate, he was stopped by Cementoss and we were all to meet up outside.

"Excuse me, I need to tend to your wounds." I turn around and stop walking beside Bakugou and Todoroki, seeing a man with gloves and a first aid kit. I nod my head, telling the others to go ahead.

The man makes me sit down on the boot of a police car, using rubbing alcohol to wipe at my cheek. I wince a bit. "Is this your only injury?" I nod my head in response, facing towards my class as he continues to treat me.

I see a detective counting my classmates before asking a question. Then, Mina points over to me. The detective bobs his head at me before facing the class again. I lock eyes with Kirishima and Bakugou for a second, the latter glaring at me.

"Okay," The nurse treating me sighs, putting the wipe away and digging through the first aid box, "I'll put on a square band-aid on it. It'll take only a few days to heal up, but I'll give you some spare band-aids in case." I hum a 'thanks' as he places the patch on my cheek and gives me a small pouch of spares.

I walk back to my class, feeling the uncomfortable-ness of the new patch. I see Kirishima talking with Tokoyami, Kaminari and Koda.

"I see, so the people you fought were also just hooligans?" Tokoyami asks Kirishima. He nods his head and retorts, "They underestimated us 'cause we're kids." Kaminari notices me walking over and gasps, facing me fully, "L/N! What happened to your cheek?"

I wave my hand and nervously chuckle back, "Oh... I, um, accidentally let my guard down during the first fight. The guy was ruthless, though, just stood on me like I was nothing. And he scraped my face against the floor." Kirishima tilts his head, scratching his arm. He says, "Sorry, you were trying to get to me and Bakugou. That was our fault."

I shake both of my palms and retort, "No! It's fine, it's not your fault. Plus, I'm still kicking it, right?" He nods his head with a soft grin. I look around. "Anyway, where is the angry gremlin? I saw him earlier with you before I left."

Kirishima looks around for a second before he spots him, standing alone and glaring at a wall. We both make our way over. We hear from the detective that Midoriya, Thirteen, All Might and Mr Aizawa will be okay.

Kirishima speaks towards Bakugou, "Bakugou! He said to go back to the classroom!" The ash-blonde turns to us and makes his way over, scoffing, "I know, bastard."

We get onto the bus, same seats as before. Todoroki is awake this time. He looks down at me and asks, "Are you okay?" I nod my head, drawing circles on my outer palm. "Yeah, just a scratch."

He suddenly puts his hand on my hurt cheek. I feel my face flush. "You should be more careful. Was anyone with you?" He asks me. I look away from him as his fingers leave my face. "Yeah, um... Kirishima and Bakugou." I hum back.

At the mention of his name, Bakugou cranes his neck so he looks back at us. I give a small smile, making him click his tongue and look back in front of him.

A While Later . . .

I now walked by myself a lot now. Hitoshi liked to call me on his way to school. He found a more quicker route since his class was all the way on the other side of the school. I told him my class was opposite his. Because of this, sometimes Kirishima, Mina or even Ojiro will accompany me on the train ride to and from school.

"It's a real shame that we're not in the same class, Y/N." Hitoshi mentions, the sound of footsteps going down the stairs in the background, "We could've been walking together all the time."