Chapter Sixteen: Internships #1

Word Count: 5393

"Everyone has their costumes, right?" Aizawa asks us, hands in his pockets as we stood in front of him.

We all just got off of the train and gathered by the exits. Strangers would stare at us and stuff, mumbling about the Sports Festival and the USJ accident. I know that Todoroki and Bakugou were quite popular in those whispers, whether that be about the first and second place at the festival or just about them in general.

I clutched onto the box in my hand and shifted my weight onto the other foot. Jirou beside me put a hand on her hip and listened to our teacher, whilst Bakugou on the other side of me clicked his tongue and looked away.

"Remember, you don't have permission to wear them out in public yet." Mr Aizawa reminds us in a dull tone, sounding really tired, "And don't lose them or anything."

Mina jumps up, holding her case above her head and calling out, "Got'cha!"

It makes a few of us smile at her positiveness. She could light up a dark room in an instant. Mina was that kind of person.

Mr Aizawa squints at her, an icy glare shooting towards my friend. "Speak properly. It's 'yes sir', Ashido." He stated.

Deflated, Mina sighs, "Yes sir..."

Aizawa tilts his head up and warns us, "Makes sure to mind your manners with the other heroes during your internships. Now get to it."

He allows us to go off to our internships, trusting everyone to find their way over to where we needed to be. I think I have an idea of where I'm supposed to go.

I feel a tug on my sleeve. "Hey, Y/N!" Kirishima says, making me look up to him, "We have our internships in the same district, right? You, me and Bakugou can get going!"

I nod my head, seeing Bakugou already walking in the direction we were heading. "He doesn't like waiting, does he?" I huff out, shaking my head at the ash-blonde.

Kiri and I run towards him, catching up before he got too far. Kirishima walks beside Bakugou and I stand on the other side of the red-haired boy.

"Man, it's a shame we all didn't pick the same agency, huh?" Kirishima says to us, smiling broadly as we walk down the pavement, "Imagine, the three of us on some cool mission with a Pro."

"That'd be an utter disaster, Eijiro."

"What? Come on, Y/N!" He gasps, turning his head to me as he jumps a few centimetres in the air, "That'd be super cool!"

I wave my hand and tilt my head to the side. "Right, right, because Bakugou's arrogance and my habit of messing up on the spot is a perfect match for working together." I point out, a half-smile on my face.

Bakugou is about to shout at me when Kirishima pats both our shoulders and chuckles, "Y'know, you two could make a pretty good team, if you actually tried to get along."

Bakugou clicks his tongue and scoffs at the both of us, "Pssh, as if I would team up with such a moron, or team up at all! I'm perfectly fine by myself!" He pushes Kirishima's hand off of his shoulder and glares at me then Kirishima.

I shake my head at the two of them. It must take Kirishima a lot of energy to constantly be around Bakugou. I see a familiar building up ahead. "Hey, it's Fourth Kind's Agency. That's you, right, Eijiro?" I ask him.

Kirishima nods his head, suddenly running up ahead and shouting out to us, "Yeah, it is! I'll see you guys later! Good luck at your internships, don't get into too much trouble!"

I give a little wave at Kirishima. He felt like he's been my friend for years already. I supposed it's another power of his.

I nudge Bakugou's side and jitter, "I feel like that was more aimed at you."