Chapter Thirty-Five: Against The World

Word Count: 4215

I'm flying in the air, struggling to collect my thoughts that have scattered around my mind.

The sky above me is dark, clouds sprinkled onto the canvas like a picture perfect scene. Buildings surround me, as well as the cold air hitting my skin. Like a ball of relaxation has encased me to exclude the outside world of my presence.

I can hear my heart pounding in my chest and my brain is going fuzzy. I can't exactly remember what's going on.

What am I doing here in the first place?

And I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear another punch make impact with All Might's palms.

I blink, staring at him with wonder before feeling myself beginning to fall.

Now I remember.

We were fighting the League of Villains after taking a small break. Mr Compress was aiming to me, trying to encase me in this marble once again. Spinner was accompanying him, trying to capture me too. They were slippery, sneaking away from my sight just as I looked their way.

So I created a mock explosion, like how Bakugou's one looked. I placed my hands on the floor and made a crater as the dust and dirt around me shook and rose to block their vision. It was fine because I was able to create my own pillar to get above them.

Katsuki told me not to worry about him, to move on by myself. He would figure out things on his own. And he was versing Twice and Toga, the comedic duo.

Shigaraki placed his hand on the pillar I was standing on, making it decay.

So now I was falling.

Not flying.

My heart begins to race as my hair lifts into the air, now covering the buildings around me. My hands are out to grab something, anything. But it's a feeble attempt. Gravity pulls me down to the ground.

"Shit!" I curse out to myself, looking frantically around for something to do. Nothing. I don't want to break my leg. I don't want to have to make All Might even more worried. I need to get out of here okay.

"Dumbass!" Katsuki yells in response, before I hear explosions rushing towards me. I turn my head to catch his determined gaze my way.

He wraps his arms behind my shoulders and under my knees. He's hoisting me up so he can see where he is landing. The fact that we're falling is helping him steady us.

"Having the high ground won't fucking help you if you don't have a way back down." He tells me, holding my head to his chest.

We land to the ground, the villains walking towards us again. I just want to go home.

Katsuki drops me easily and carelessly, back on the defence. We don't have time to be elegant. The enemy begins to close in on us again. My butt hits the floor before Toga throws her knives. Katsuki is too busy dodging Twice's attacks to notice. So I use my quirk and block the knives from him.

"Watch yourself." I say, standing up again and facing Spinner and Shigaraki, "I thought you told me to look after myself."

"Tch. Don't tell me what to do." He spits back to me, turning around and creating sparks from his palms, "I've got this, just focus on your own dumb little villains."

I glance at him before sighing, making a dirt wave to wash over Shigaraki and Spinner. He's keeping Toga and Twice at bay, blowing away the attacks they were shoving towards him.

We've been doing this for about ten minutes now, but I can't help but wonder how we'd get out of this. We need to get out of All Might's way.

Another large punch throws air towards us. I plant my feet in the ground and hold up my arms to cover my face. Another explosion is let off and I open my eyes to see Katsuki a few feet away. He turns around to see me, grabbing my arm and tugging me in his distance.