Chapter Twenty: Studying

Word Count: 4534

A Few Days Later . . .

"Dad, I'm leaving!" I call out, slipping on my shoes at the door.

It was 8:30 in the morning.

My father pops his head out from around the corner in the kitchen. From down the hall, he shouts, "You're going to study with Kirishima and Bakugou now, right? Mind picking up some dango on your way home? I've been craving some recently."

I raise a brow and chuckle back, "Sure thing. Shouldn't you be leaving soon, your press conference is in an hour or two."

Dad, although being the 11th Pro Hero, had plenty of interviews. I suppose it's because he's interacted with many of the higher Pros. He also has nine incredible sidekicks. Although Tomioka took the spotlight, the other eight were just as incredible.

The Flame Hashira had amazingly strong movements and defence always treating a fight like his last.

The Insect Hashira could deceive an enemy with her innocent looks before striking the opponent with deadly actions.

The Love Hashira was astonishingly passionate about everything she did, bringing light to the moment.

The Wind Hashira was intense and intimidating, never failing to make his enemy fear him.

The Stone Hashira was a gentle giant, being sensitive to a good amount during battle.

The Sound Hashira was eccentric and very straight forward in fights, but still somewhat caring to his peers.

The Mist Hashira wore a usually distracted personality, but could be very serious in the right situations.

They all respected Dad.

I only met Tomioka personally, but I asked him about the other sidekicks and he looked off into the distance and sighed out lowly. He then told me that they were a handful at times.

Dad soon elaborated and explained their personalities.

As I stand up and turn around, Dad walks towards me as he does his tie around his neck. "Well, of course. I asked Tomioka to accompany me, but he said he had some training to do." He claims, tightening the tie.

I tilt my head and say, hands on my hips, "You shouldn't work Tomioka so hard. He seems like he never takes breaks except when told to specifically."

"Hey, it wasn't my idea!" Dad replies defensively, hands up as if I've caught him, "He says he wants to sharpen his skills for an upcoming event."

"And that event is?" I mumble, slipping my keys into my pocket.

Dad smiles at me with wide eyes. "Nothing in particular." He retorts, shrugging his shoulders and walking down the hall back to the kitchen.

That wasn't suspicious at all.

I say my last 'goodbye' and exit the house, jogging down the steps and walking down the path.

Kirishima told Bakugou and I that we would be studying at a nearby cafe. Bakugou hated the idea but with a little more persuasion and annoyance, he was hooked on the idea. Since we had two weeks to study and train, I suggested that all of us study at least three times each week.

The cafe wasn't too far, only about a five minute walk. All of us lived in the same area, so it was easy to get around. I slipped in my earphones and marched to the beat of the song.

After a while, I made it to the cafe, seeing Kirishima and Bakugou at one of the tables by the front windows. It was a Sunday morning, so I had hoped that Bakugou would be more calmer before slipping into the whole 'gremlin mode'.