Chapter Thirty-Eight: Admiration

Word Count: 5785

Waking up after yesterday's events was nice. Kirishima shouted us out for dinner, and Mr Aizawa let us stay out for a little while longer because there was a lost kitten and he tasked us with finding its owner. We had a little competition on who had the best room when we got back.

Yes, waking up after yesterday was nice.

It would be better if it wasn't for my friends barging in at 7:00 on the dot.

I'm startled awake when I hear my door being slammed open, jolting in my bed and scrambling to sit up with a yelp.

"GOOD MORNING, L/N!" Mina, Sero and Kaminari shout at the top of their lungs as they enter.

I pull up my blanket to cover my chest, feeling myself burn up a bit from embarrassment. It was warm out last night so I only slept in a singlet and some shorts. Needless to say, not how I'd want my friends to see me.

Behind them, Jirou and Kirishima walk in with exasperated sighs following behind them. They shrug their shoulders at me. I notice Katsuki standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall. He looks irritated.

"Sorry, Y/N." Kirishima waves his hand at me as he speaks, "We tried to stop them, but..."

I blink at the group before rubbing the back of my neck. "It's fine." I retort before Mina jumps onto my bed to engulf me in a hug. I pat her arms and look to the others.

"How... did you guys get in here?" I question.

Then Sero holds up my spare room key. "With this bad boy." He chimes with a confident smile.

I glare towards Katsuki as he looks up to me. "You ass, I told you to hold onto it for emergencies." I scoff to him, sitting up properly now.

Katsuki glares back at me. "Yeah, because I definitely just handed over your key to these fucking morons." He rolls his red eyes at me, sarcasm dripping from his tongue.

Kaminari leans forward, hand on his hip and the other beside his mouth, as if shielding it from Katsuki so he couldn't hear us. "We raided his room for it when we woke him up just now." He informs me, winking, "We knew he'd have your spare key. Just like how you'd have his."

"H-How do you know if I have his key or not?" I mumble out, crossing my arms over my chest.

Sero gestures to my alarm clock. "Because you have a key on your bed stand that had 'Katsuki' written on the handle." He points out, making me panic a bit.

Shit. Forgot about that.

Grabbing the key, I put it behind the photo of our group that's framed on my bed.

I furrow my brows and watch Katsuki walk into my room. He makes his way over to me as the others snicker at Kaminari and Sero's comments.

"Did you tell them?" I grumble lowly to the blonde.

"Tch, of course not, dumbass." He replies, reaching over my shoulder and grabbing the copy of 'Love is War' he was reading yesterday night.

He brushes against my neck, making me shiver before he pulls away. He gives me a glance and then sits at my desk, reading the manga.

I knit my brows at him and watch him move around.

"See?" I hear Mina whispers to our friends, "They even flirt in front of us... It's sickeningly obvious..."

I turn to them with raised brow. "And what are you guys talking about?" I ask them.

They scatter from their conversation and then act as if I hadn't caught them. Katsuki ignores our friends, flipping the page.