Chapter Fifteen: Forbidden

Word Count: 3596

I wave at Kiri as he walks down the street. Him and I lived quite close, so when Bakugou would walk off to his house, Kiri would take me home. It was a kind gesture I deeply appreciated, but I feel bad sometimes. It gives him an extra five minutes to walk home now.

He waves back before turning around, continuing on his way.

I unlock the door, stepping forward to feel the cool air hitting my skin. I take off my shoes and slide on my indoor slippers, taking myself to the kitchen first.

Usually, my parents would be in here. Mum would be sitting at the table drinking tea and reading the newspaper. Dad would be cleaning the dishes and say that she takes way too long to drink her tea.

Then I would come in and they'd ask how my day was.

"Mum? Dad?" I call, putting my bag on the table, "I'm home! Where are you—"

When I feel a cold hand on my chest, I tense up. It doesn't feel like my warm parents' hands. It kind of scares me.

I grip their wrist and twist it around, kicking their knees in and holding now both of their hands to their back.

My mouth opens to spew out threats like 'if you don't name yourself, I will call the police', or 'tell me why you're here or else I'll break your wrist'.

But I don't get to say that.

I wish I did.

That would've been so badass.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow! Y/N, kiddo, what the Hell are you doing? Oh my God, when did you become this fast at restraining people?"

"Dad?"

His familiarly coloured hair is stuck up in different areas, as if he's been stressed. His sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and his eyes have bags underneath them. What's happened?

After I let him go, I help my father up and go grab a wet towel. Mum used to do this to me after training.

"I'm so sorry, Dad! B—But you shouldn't have snuck up on me like that without announcing yourself! You scared me!" I claim, wrapping his wrist in the towel.

Dad winces a bit before he looks down at me. "Okay, fine, I'll take that bullet." He sighs, "Damn, is this what Bakugou felt during your match?"

I look away from him for a second before taking a breath in. "So... what's this about Uncle?" I ask hesitantly, watching his reaction.

He goes from playfully hurt to a little shocked.

Next thing I know is that I'm being dragged to the living room. Mum is already there, hands clasped together on her lap. She's sitting on the sofa in front of the one person chair. Dad takes the seat next to her, looking at the chair in front of them and then to me.

I sit down hesitantly. I don't like the atmosphere around us at the moment. It's giving me chills under my blazer.

Mum has never looked like this, well except for that time with Dad when he had to have surgery after a big fight when I was around 12. He said his operation was for his arm, which he had said his bones broke into tiny pieces whilst the skin was still intact. I didn't think much of it, until now.

"What's going on?" I ask, pressing my fingers to my skirt.

I watch as Mum's face goes serious. It's scary.

She looks at Dad for a moment. He nods his head sternly.

"I'm not going to waste any of our time here." My eyes drift to hers, trying to remain the intense eye contact she is as well. "I'm sorry for being abrupt with this but... your uncle was in an accident, Y/N." She tells me, "I'm... We're not sure he will make it."