Chapter Twenty-Nine: Training Camp #3

Word Count: 4039

I stretch my arms over my head, yawning slightly before wiping my eyes. The dust on my jacket gets blown off as Bakugou lets off a gigantic explosion near me. And then again when Iida zooms passed.

It's the third day of camp and I've never been so tired from only a few days. I've noticed that the moments where I lose my sense of touch have shortened, only by a bit. And it takes a lot more time to come to that stage when I use my quirk.

"Don't go slacking off now!" Pixie-Bob shouts from her spot sitting on top of the boxes, near Yao-Momo and Sato, "Pick it up, L/N! It's only been two hours!"

Oh my God. It's been two hours. Non-stop. I want to die.

I grunt and nod my head, "Yes, Ma'am!"

Pixie-Bob already has mountains of dirt moving myself around, so I've lost my footing. I jump up into the air and land on the top of one of the hills, clapping my hands and setting the platform in place. One of the other hills come towards me, splitting into four and racing at different angles.

I clap my hands again and touch the closest mud pillar towards me, making it poof into dust before I turn to the others. I swipe my fingers against the next two, making it drop to the floor.

Suddenly, the platform I'm on begins to sink. I fall to my behind, grunting at the impact. The last pillar trying to crush me begins to aim at me from the top. My back is against the platform and I'm facing up.

Pressing two hands together, I activate my quirk and touch the dirt next to my palms. I quickly bring my arms up, creating a gesture with them as if I was pretending to be a bird. The dirt around me creates a dome, covering me from the pillar up top.

I think I'm doing good once I hear the pillar shatter and the dome above me do so too. "Thank the heavens..." I mumble to myself, hearing the others still training.

Iida is running around still. Uraraka is gravitating a piece of a large rock into the air, trying not to vomit. Mina, Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari and Sato are getting yelled at by Mr Aizawa, who holds Kirishima up with his restraints. I heard Mina come to bed at 2 in the morning, and then we all woke up at 7.

I stand up and brush the dust off of me, only to hear Pixie-Bob warn me to look to my right. I do so, seeing multiple rectangular hardening mud projectiles coming towards me.

"Shit!" I curse, pressing two fingers on each hand together and then touching my right ones to the dirt ground I was on.

I quickly get up and draw a line into the air with my fingers, watching a mud wall form in front of me. I notice that it's too thin, but it's the best I could do. No thoughts run through my mind as I step back. The wall gets destroyed and I slouch my shoulders. Great.

Bringing up my arms, I create an 'x' with them in an attempt to shield myself from the projectiles coming towards me. The rectangles come at me hard, hitting my arms and making scratches. One hits my cheek, making me bleed a little. I suck in my breath.

I get pushed back until my heel is skidding off the side of the platform. I'm falling before I know it, making my shriek and reach out to grab anything. But my back hits the ground and I feel the air get knocked out of me.

"Holy fuck..." I mumble to myself, sitting up and holding my chest.

"Keep going, little kitties!" Pixie-Bob says, then further explaining that we'll have a treat tonight after dinner for everything we've done.

Apparently we're having each class against each other in a test of courage. I don't think I've ever done one of those. But by the looks of it, everyone is sulking at the idea if more Class VS Class shenanigans.