Chapter Twelve: UA Sports Festival #6

Word Count: 4945

Those words ring in my ear like an alarm.

'Bakugou advances to the finals!'

"What?" My voice is soft and cracks a bit once my eyes meet Bakugou's.

I relax my muscles, no longer tensing up to escape his grasp. The leg at his hip just slides down to the ground, my grip on his collar loosening.

Our position stays the same. Our foreheads close together, Bakugou's hand on my arm and leg, his weight crushing mine.

I'm breathing heavily as Bakugou above me blinks once before removing his hand from my forearm and my leg. He gets up, not even giving me a second glance as he goes to stand where he was before the match had begun.

It takes me a few more second to sit up, holding my wrist in my hand.

I was out of bounds?

I begin to walk to the opposite side of Bakugou, head to the floor. Present Mic yells that it was an incredible match and that we both did a great job.

On cue with Midnight, I give a little bow to Bakugou, hands on my knees. I know he's not doing it back. When I straighten my back, I look directly at the winner, who holds his natural irritated face.

I want to say something, anything that will make it seem like this loss meant nothing. But it really meant everything to me so far.

"Go get your shit together." Bakugou says to me once Present Mic begins to rile the audience up again. The blonde has his fists clenched tightly and his head tilted down to me. His eyes glaze over my face and my arms. That's when the pain begins to kick in.

"Right..." I mumble back, already moving towards the exit.

I'm on my way to Recovery Girl now. I'm pretty sure I sprained my wrist when Bakugou had me on the ground. I've also got a few scratches and small purple gashes on my face and arms from his explosions. Those didn't hurt, I just wanted them gone. I don't want to be reminded.

"Ah, L/N. Here again." Recovery Girl says to me, turning in her chair as I close the door behind me.

Scratching the back of my neck with my non-sprained wrist, I chuckle back, "Yeah... I guess I don't know my limits..." I clench my hurt fist behind my back.

"Well, everyone learns sooner or later. That match had quite the action too." She tells me, standing up and gesturing to the seat beside her. "Now sit down and tell me what needs fixing up."

It only takes a few minutes for my wounds to be cleared, with the exception of a white, sticky bandage on my forehead. I pressed my palm against it.

One time during the match Bakugou was fast enough to get behind me and let off a large explosion that push my forward. I had lost my footing and hit my forehead to the ground. I didn't realise it was bleeding until all of the adrenaline had run out of me.

"There you go, L/N." Recovery Girl says, sitting back on her chair again, "You have a few minutes before the final match, if you want to watch." I nod my head at her, standing up again.

"Just make sure you take a little break, you had very little energy left before you came to see me so I had to use that up." Recovery Girl tells me, turning back to input something into her computer, "Be careful when walking around, okay?" She gives me another smile.

I give a slow bow and thank her my words. I'm walking down the hall now.

Bakugou made a good point, as much as I hate to admit it.