Chapter Forty-One: Well Acquainted

Word Count: 6569

(A/N: tried to make it about a thousand words longer than usual, to make up for the lack of katsuki x y/n content lately. also, you guys should stop with the y/n x reader comments or else i actually will write that, don't test me you cowards)

A Few Days Later . . .

"Katsuki!" I call, entering through the door with a wave. He looks up to me from his laptop as I shut the door behind me with my heel. "Wanna' come with me to grab my suit before tomorrow's exam? I got a text from Ryouta, he said Dad's money for the boron came through the other day and he already acquired it. My costume's updated now!" I give him a smile, holding my hands behind my back as I walk towards him.

It was actually easier than I expected to persuade Dad into lending money. I explained the situation over the phone the other day, just in time for him to get out of his conference. He asked for the exact amount and I told him the sum that Ryouta texted me earlier. It was down to just a sixth, since it was way less than I really needed compared for my staff.

He had agreed, saying that he'll take it out of my allowance over the next few months, not all at once but gradually. I thank him so much, saying that I was lucky his was so lenient with me. He tells me that it's all father's were expected to do; help when the kid needed it.

Katsuki rolls his eyes at me before typing away once again. It's the written assignment for English, that we received just earlier today during second period. Why the Hell is he getting started so soon?

He huffs out, "No, go by yourself."

I squint at him, placing hands on his shoulders as I stand behind him. Pulling him back and forth repeatedly, I whine, "What? Come on, Katsuki! It'll be fun, we're just gonna' update my suit, maybe talk a lil' with Ryouta and then go. You won't be gone for more than like... an hour!" I look away and say quieter, "Maybe more."

Katsuki then flicks my hand off of his shoulders, rolling his eyes at me in the reflection of the screen. "I said 'no', I got work to fucking do." He claims, going back to typing his assignment, which wasn't due for another two months since we had our Provisional License Exam to focus on, "Stop doing that every time I don't agree to help you with dumb shit."

I cross my arms over my chest, leaning against the desk. "Why not?" I hum out. We haven't been spending a lot of time together recently, because of training and school work we were expected to stay on top of. I wanted to at least have him accompany me like I did for him before.

He raises a brow at me and leans his wrists against the armrests. He scoffs, pointing to the door, "Because, asshole, you just barged into my room without warning and you're distracting me from my work." He glares at me next, copying my stance as he crosses his arms over his chest. "And you're also fucking annoying."

I pout at him, taking the key from my pocket. I poke him with it in the forehead. "Well, if you didn't expect me to come into your room without notice, then you shouldn't have given me this?" I inform Katsuki, who glares harder at me and making me put the key back into my pocket, "Please? I promise—"

My phone buzzes in my PE uniform. I take it out and see that it's a text.

"Todoroki said he's going to visit Ryouta since his altercations came in today as well." I state, lifting myself up and texting him back that I'll be going as well. I then look to Katsuki, who is currently saving his document. He doesn't face me as I speak.

I then get an idea. I stand up, walking about the room and holding a my knuckles against my forehead as if I was fainting. I sigh out, closing my eyes with a pout, "Oh, what a pity. I have to go to my support course student all alone with Todoroki. It's a shame, spending even more time with Class 1-A's beautiful prince, as Mina calls him."