Chapter Twenty-One: Gloves

Word Count: 4552

It's been four or five hours later. I didn't invite Hitoshi and his parents over for dinner. Nor did I go downstairs to eat with my own parents that night.

Instead, I stayed in my room and continued to order my notes right. The dates were written on each page, so it shouldn't be so hard. I was distracting myself from the obvious problem.

A knock at my door pulls me out of my thoughts as I try to figure out my books.

"Y/N?" Dad mumbles on the other side of my door, not trying to open it and barge his way inside my room, "Hey, Kiddo, it's just me. I've got some dinner for you, I mean... I made it and I'm not that good of a cook like your mother or yourself, but... you still gotta' eat something."

He sighs softly as I close my book. "You don't have to let me in, I can leave it here by the door." Dad tells me, the soft chattering of plates pulling through the door, "I'm leaving early tomorrow. Just so you know. Good luck on your final exams."

His footsteps fade away and I hear the creak of the stairs.

I appreciate the fact that he warns me about leaving early. He knows that I wouldn't want to stay long with my mother being the only other one home too.

It takes a moment for me to stand up from my chair. I walk over to the door and open it, seeing the steaming food on a tray. I thin my lips before picking it up and shutting my door closed. I set the food on the desk and lean my chin in my palm, the material of the gloves rubbing against my skin.

My phone beeps.

TheRealMan
Hey, Bakugou, Y/N and I are still training after school this week if you guys wanna' join!!

ShortCircuit
I'm studying with Yao-Momo still!! No thanks!!

DanceDanceRevolution
Same here ≥3≤

FlexTape
I'm probably gonna' study some more with Yaoyorozu  and practice on my own. I'm good.

DeepDope
Same with me. You're still training with Bakugou, and I don't want to be dead before the practicals, so...

I chuckle, fingers moving across the keyboard. Jirou could be pretty funny. But at the same time, it is Bakugou.

Lil'Cutie
Don't worry, me and Eijiro can handle the gremlin òvó

Lil'Cutie
HEY WHO CHANGED MY NAME???

FlexTape
...

TheRealMan
...

DanceDanceRevolution
...

QUEEN
It wasn't me.

ShortCircuit
...

DanceDanceRevolution
DON'T '...' US KAMINARI, EVERYONE KNOWS IT WAS YOU!!!

I lean my phone against the window sill, saying my thanks for the food quietly before picking up my chopsticks to dig in. Dad made me the normal soba, which was a usual dinner at my house. Not gonna' lie, it's pretty good.

I swirl the food around the bowl mindlessly.

I watch as the texts unravel my question.

ShortCircuit
HEY WAIT WHO SAID IT WAS ME!?

DeepDope
If you scroll up some more, it says 'ShortCircuit changed BakuPillow's name to Lil'Cutie'.

FlexTape
We see you, Kaminari  • ̀ω •́