Chapter Eighteen: Internships #3/Preparation

Word Count: 4791

(A/N: I apologise for making the Internship Arc so short!! I didn't have much to work with, and I wanted to get through the Final Exams Arc quickly. Also, I don't exactly know the purpose of this chapter, I guess it's a Filler. My apologies!!)

"What do you think about the Hosu incident from last night, L/N?" Best Jeanists asks me.

I was walking beside Bakugou still, playing with my coat. "The Hosu incident? Well... I heard that it was Endeavor that took down the Hero Killer, so I wouldn't expect anything less." I point out, "But I suppose it was a bit weird that Endeavor had travelled all the way to Hosu city that very night."

Best Jeanist hums back, "I see. it's possible that some villains were inspired by what happened in Hosu. That means they might be feeling bolder."

Bakugou frowns. A lot. He looks very pissed as we listen to Best Jeanist.

"This may just be a patrol, but keep your guard up." The Pro warns us.

Bakugou beside me, hands in tight fists, answers back, "Yeah, yeah." He sounds uninterested.

It's been a while since we've had to help anybody, so it seems we've already passed the peak of the patrol. I was okay with just walking around on guard, but Bakugou was definitely restless.

Best Jeanist glanced at him over his shoulder before looking back ahead. "Here's a question for you." He spoke, "Patrols are mainly meant to deter villains from making any crimes. But they also have a secondary purpose. What is it?"

I suddenly feel a dark aura beside me.

When I look at him, Bakugou scowls with a smile, "If we see some bad guys, we can beat 'em up on the spot!"

I slouch my shoulders and watch cars roll by. Of course that's what he'd think.

Best Jeanist sighs, "Incorrect."

"Hey! It's Best Jeanist!" A young voice announces.

Her friend then shouts, "Thank you for keeping us safe!"

Best Jeanist haults his walking. He keeps a hand on his hip as he waves his hand at the star-struck girls. Bakugou and I stand off to the side, watching the whole scene.

"The answer is: to remind people who we are." The Pro Hero corrects Bakugou, "Our presence gives the public a piece of mind."

The blonde growls lowly.

Best Jeanist looks over to us. "This helps that we have a tapestry of trust between the protectors and the protected." He states.

Bakugou looks off to the side, scoffing, "I think you just like getting recognised."

"Hey! I've seen that blonde guy on TV before!" A voice shouts out to us.

I turn around, seeing a trio of young kids, one of them pointing to Bakugou. He goes on to hid friends, "Yeah, an ooze villain caught him and he almost cried like a baby!"

His friends begin to giggle at his joke as I watch Bakugou's hair literally explode. It returns to its spiky design, making me almost miss the flattened one.

Bakugou turns around, holding a fist as he yells, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

The trio of kids begin to tear up, making me widen my eyes and face palm. "Bakugou, they're children..." I tell off the blonde, tugging him by his collar to stand back up straight.

Best Jeanist shakes his head. "Have you really forgotten everything I've taught you?" He sighs out harshly, "Talk with them like a Pro."

Bakugou begins walking towards them again, scoffing back, "Yeah, fine..."