Chapter Seventeen: Internships #2

Word Count: 4575

Dad spent the whole first day showing me around and asking me about my costume. I had explained my weapon easily, since he was the one who trained me to use a bo-staff. However, with my mask and my costume, he seemed a bit confused.

I wore a black tight vest over a normal sleeveless shirt as well as pants, the zipper of my top all the way up my collar and if I looked down enough, the cold steel of the zip would hit my skin. The sleeves of my black body suit stopped at my elbows. The pants were hanging down at the bottom before being bundled up into my boots.

For my bo-staff, I had a small hook-like object attacked to my pants.

My gloves were fingerless. Dad had asked why I didn't just have my fore fingers and middle fingers uncovered because my quirk only required two fingers to touch the material after clapping. I told him that I didn't want to limit my options in case of an emergency.

A few times after I wore my hero costume during our Hero Classes, Mina had asked why I wore so much black. I didn't really have an answer, but the question made me think a lot. I didn't want people to think/know how emo I am/was.

So the next week, the Support Class made me a red overcoat that drew down to my knees. My sleeves went a bit over my hands as the collar was held stiffly up against my neck.

The coat was the same colour of Sorceress. I suppose the Support Course put that into consideration because it looks very similar to hers too.

And finally, my mask. It only covered my eyes the top part of my nose and acted like sunglasses. However, the 'sunglasses' phase was only temporary. The mask's sides stopped at my ears, a small device behind them to hold it in place.

When I would use my quirk, the mask would automatically wrap onto my face and resume its position. When it was done, it would split and retreat back into the small devices behind my ears.

The Support Student informed me of my upgrades when I got the latest version of my suit.

My gloves now hand sensors on my palms, so whenever I clapped it would send a signal to my mask to initiate its action. Then, the sensors would pick up whether or not I used my quirk on a material. If I hadn't yet, the mask wouldn't retreat.

Dad was confused. Very. But after a bit more thought, he understood.

Today was the second day of internships. Dad drove me to Cessation Agency this morning. Mum told us not to be too reckless and for Dad to look after me.

I came back from changing into my hero costume, Tomioka again leading me to Dad's office. When we got there, Dad handing Tomioka and I some papers as he spoke, "Today, we'll be going to visit Mt Lady's agency today. Then, tomorrow, we'll be patrolling around the streets with Best Jeanist."

I widen my eyes a bit. I didn't think I'd have to work alongside Bakugou so quickly in the game.

"Yes, sir." Tomioka and I say back to him.

Dad tells us that we'll be going to Mt Lady's agency right away. It was because her one was further away, and Dad liked doing the hard chores first.

I actually didn't know if anyone interned with Mt Lady.

It only took us about 20 minutes to get to the Pro Hero's agency. Dad told us to walk. Tomioka seemed unfazed, but I had assumed we were going by car because Dad said to get there as soon as possible. So now, Tomioka and I walked behind Dad as civilians waved and called out to him and the Water Hashira.

I had my hood on and pressed my palms against each other to bring up my mask. I didn't always need to be using my quirk in order to use it, as long as I clapped my hands.