Chapter Twenty-Two: Friends

Word Count: 4396

It's been about 10 minutes into Hitoshi and I's match. So far, nobody has been restrained or knocked off of the mat.

On the other mat, Kirishima is trying his hardest to get Bakugou's defence to break. There's something about the way Bakugou's moving that's different. He's getting more hits landed on him than landed on Kirishima. Either the red-haired boy got better or Bakugou's distracted.

"Hitoshi, you know your quirk overpowers mine any day." I called out as I fixed the mat into its original form, "If you used it on me, I'd lose immediately!"

Hitoshi rolled his eyes as he stood up straight again, rolling his wrists before walking towards me. "All you have to do is not answer me when I ask you a question." He tells me, tilting his head and I clap my hands, "Or is it that hard for you to shut up, Kitten?"

I glare at him before created a rope from the matting beneath us. As I wrap it around my hand, I mutter back, "Fine, but you're only using it for this match. If I find that I've bought Chobi more cat toys, I swear to God—"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Hitoshi said, getting into a stance to defend himself against me, "Just don't slip up, got that, Kitten?"

I open my mouth to respond when I stop myself. Can't make that mistake. The silence makes Hitoshi laugh and I run up to him, ducking under his punch and landing one on his cheek. As he staggers back, I clench the rope around my hand.

"God, Y/N..." He coughs out, holding his cheek and grinning at me. It wouldn't bruise too much. I think. "I take back what I said at the Sports Festival, you're still as fast as ever. I'm pretty jealous."

I give him a thumbs up before rushing towards him. My leg turns into a roundhouse kick and I push it to his shoulder. But Hitoshi holds up his arm to block me, grunting at the impact just like I do. He traps my leg in his arms, just like Bakugou did at the Sports Festival.

He chuckles, like he's got me cornered. I roll my eyes at his smug look before using my open leg to jump up and aim my foot to hit his chin. Hitoshi notices though, leaning his head back and dropping my leg. Once I'm free, I jump back and raise a brow at him.

"Okay, that's new." He states, pointing at me with a confused face, "Who the Hell taught you that? Was it your dad?"

I nod my head.

"Damn, I need to start training with you again." He mumbles, shaking his head and charging towards me this time.

Hitoshi draws back a hand on punch me, but I wait. Hitoshi knew how to drag attention to different objects. Like, if you see him about to slap you, he's kick you instead. I know from experience.

I wait a few more seconds to see his other arm ready to tackle me to the ground. I'm about to counter and step away, but Hitoshi's fist goes through with the punch. I widen my eyes and step back, giving Hitoshi enough time to actually grab my shirt and push my to the ground.

I gasp for air as my back hits the floor. Hitoshi's grinning again, both hands gripping my collar. He sets himself right at below me and in between my legs as they arch at his hips. My bare hand grasps his wrist, feeling him tug me up so my back is off the floor. I touch three of my fingers on each hand together.

"Come on, Kitten." He says to me, tilting his head menacingly, "Give a little more fight, won't you? It's not fun if I win this easy."

I stick my tongue out to him and unwrap the material around my wrist. He squints at my action before I twist the rope around his wrist, pressing two fingers to it. The material molds around Hitoshi's hands, my quirk allowing it to do so easily.