Chapter Twenty-Seven: Training Camp #1

Word Count: 5978

The bus jolts, making me open my eyes slowly and look around. The chatter on the bus has died down a little. Mr Aizawa must've warned at us all. I let out a low groan, moving to bring my hand up to wipe the sleep out of my eyes. But I can't. They're clasped on my lap.

I peer down to see that my hand is trapped inside Bakugou's. His fingers are loosely wrapped around my palm as our hands lay on top of my thigh together. It seems that one of us had undone my arm from his to hold hands.

I'm pretty sure I was asleep the whole time.

Luckily, he's not holding onto me tightly, just enough so that I can't lift my hand. Mine is being weighed down. I know that he's still sleeping though. I can hear his quiet snores with his head resting against mine.

Bakugou's hair is spiky but so soft. It's kind of cute, since it's a part of his aggressive, intimidating look but it's gentle and just really puffy. Like that time I was playing with it on the train when Kirishima and I asked him to study with us.

He was sitting on my left and I have the window on my right. His right arm has my left one wrapped around it and my other hand clasped inside his left one too. Bakugou's other hand is on his own lap.

I turn my head towards the window, seeing a view. We're on the mountain side, riding just above the trees. It was really pretty.

Dad didn't go on his training camp until his Second Year, when he got used to how the teacher's challenged him. When I told him my camp would be right after the final exams, he was a little worried too.

But not like Mum. Where she was worried about me not being in the same place she was comfortable with, Dad was anxious about the training I would be doing. Apparently, it's incredibly harder than UA.

I couldn't count the times Mr Aizawa has kicked our asses.

To knock me out of my thought, I get a text from my phone in my pocket. It vibrates against me.

"Katsuki?" I whisper quietly, nudging his shoulder with mine.

He lets out a low groan.

"Let go of my hand for a second, Katsuki." I ask of him, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket again. I've gotten another text. And a few more. "I need to check my phone."

He groans again, but goes on with releasing my hand. But I think he's still half asleep. Because he leaves his hand on my thigh.

I tense up a little. Right now, I'm trying to choose between moving his hand off my lap to his own or asking him to do it himself. But my phone vibrates again, and I fish my phone out of my pocket.

It's the Bakusquad groupchat. Well, it's actually called 'Bakusquad + Yao-Momo and Jirou'. I don't know why. I'm pretty sure Kaminari called it 'The Big Bussy Gang' until Jirou changed it.

DeepDope
You guys should get a life

ShortCircuit
Okay, but look at them. Look at them! It's making me jealous...

FlexTape
Don't tell me you have a crush on Y/N

ShortCircuit
That was when we first met her, she was s o f t

ShortCircuit
As if I could get anywhere near as close as him anyway

I furrow my brows, reading their messages through the chat. I shift in my spot, feeling my back begin to hurt a little. I rub my neck a bit.

After fidgeting a little, Bakugou's hand twitches on my leg.

I stare at his hand for a moment. And then look at him as much as I could from my position. I want to take my head off his shoulder but his one is on top of mine.