Chapter Forty-Seven: Waves

Word Count: 7874

(A/N: gifs dont work ig sooo)

"It's okay, Y/N, I'm sure everything will work out." Kirishima says beside me, patting my shoulder as we walk through the hotel hallways. I nod my head, holding my bag and facing the floor. "This'll give you a chance to show your old man how much you've improved!" He tells me, holding up a mighty fist, "If he doesn't want you around, prove to him that you're ready! If Mr Aizawa is okay with you coming along, then he should be!"

Dad was much like the ocean. Whereas my mother was like the beach sand, hot and moveable and usually easy to place how you want, my father was the water that curves around it. He always made himself fit in with the atmosphere. The sand at the bottom of the sea stays separate, they do not become one, but it changes.

Wet sand, and hot water.

My mother becoming like my father, persuaded and unreluctant.

My father becoming like my mother, warm and all around.

Dad was the ocean. The waves could be hard and heavy, or allow you to swim and enjoy yourself. It just depends on how you think to deal with the water.

I pull out my room key, glancing towards Kirishima with a smile. "Thanks, Eijiro." I huff out, earning a nod from him. He was always very considerate. "We're heading back to school for the rest of the week. Intensive Training. Are you ready?"

Kirishima pouts a bit. "I guess... But we just started our Internships! And now we have to go back for ages while the Pros get to do all the work!" He complains, holding his hands behind his head, "We do get to see our friends though... I bet Bakugou misses arguing with you and attempting to beat the Hell out of me during training."

I give a short laugh, "I bet you're right."

We walk up to our doors, swiping our cards and bidding each other a good night's sleep. We agreed to wake up at 4:30 (oh my God) in order to get to school by homeroom time. Mr Aizawa would be waiting for us at the station at 5 exactly and if we were late, he'd pair us up with Present Mic for training the day. And training is first period every day for a while. So imagine waking up late in the city and taking a train to school, just for your first class to be filled with screams of 'YEAH's and 'YO's.

I love Present Mic, I really do, he's a great guy and funny - but oh God, oh no. I would never.

I fall face first onto the hotel bed after getting ready to sleep. I felt so... tired, all of a sudden. It was so weird. Maybe it's because of the whole meeting today. Learning about what our joint mission would be on. But I know what's wrong, what's making me feel this way. It's Dad's warning.

The way he stood in front of me, holding himself tightly and facing the floor. It made me feel uneasy. Like that feeling when you realise that maybe nothing is right.

That the impossible stays that way - impossible.

Maybe it's because I put him on a pedestal. Dad's this high and mighty God that had gotten me through Middle School. My saviour. And that's the problem. I've never viewed him as a real person before. It's like reality hit me all at once in that one conversation.

My head is telling me to go to sleep as I climb into my covers, lights off. But I give a little movement, grab my phone and type out a message. It's 8:50 PM at this point.

duuuumbass

me n eijiro back at hotel. going to sleep. taking train tomorrow at 5 and staying the next few days at school for intensive training.