Chapter Forty-Six: City

Word Count: 7355

(A/N: Please do not mind the locations I use, I just looked up where Fatgum's agency is based and used that primary information to create this whole scheme. I know that there are scenes with Kirishima at school during the Work Study, but for the sake of the fix and my sanity, please just bare with me.)

"Hm? You got a Work Studies already?" Ryouta hums out, pulling his goggles over his forehead and laying them there. I spin around on his seat and nod my head. "Wow, that's awesome! Are you and Todoroki going to the same place?"

I shake my head. "No, only people who passed the Provisional License Exams are able to do their Work Studies at the moment." I state, swinging my legs as my blazer lays over my lap, "Todoroki and Katsu' didn't make it." 

"'Katsu''?" He mumbles to himself, placing a finger against two pieces of metal. He then looks over to me. "Oh, Bakugou. That jerk. Huh, aren't they the best in your class?" I give a thumbs up as I continue to turn in my spot. "Hm. Where are you doing it with anyway?"

I sit up straight with an excited smile on my face. "I'm doing it with Fatgum!" I claims, watching as a grin falls on Ryouta's face as well. He looks just as excited as I am at this time. "You would never believe it, but Amajiki from the Big Three introduced me and my friend Kirishima to him!"

Ryouta snaps his fingers as he holds up the now one piece of metal. He connects it to a much larger piece of metal, making what looks to be a retractable sword. "Oh! Amajiki Tamaki? The Third Year?" He questions, shrugging his shoulders as he fixes his scarf around his neck. I give a hum of confirmation. "I actually designed his costumes from the last two years! He's so quiet and funny, I love him."

He goes back to fixing a new gadget for another student. I blink at him. And get off of the stool, jumping over to him and catching his by the shoulders. "Ryouta! Do you have a crush on Amajiki?" I question, he looks at me wildly, "No way! I thought you liked Haya, she was so sweet to you!"

Ryouta smacks my arms away with a roll of his eyes. "I'm pretty sure she has a crush on another girl anyway." He mutters out, shaking his head as he puts the gadget in a box and places it back on the shelf. I see his blush of embarrassment. "And I don't have a crush on Amajiki, he's just... cool, ya'know? Togata thought the same thing when they came over to grab his costume, do I just seem that way to everybody?"

A shrug of my shoulders as I lean against the bench. "You don't seem any way to anybody, Ryouta." I assure him, "You can like whoever, keep 'em guessing. But just out of curiosity... do you have a crush on anyone at the moment?" 

He gives me a deadpan look, that any 17-year-old would give if they were sick of you. 

But then a smile falls on his lips and he spreads out his arms. 

"I only have my eyes set on you, my princess!" Ryouta calls out, exaggeration on lips lips. I gasp as he wraps his arms around me and begins to squeeze me a little. My hands are trapped against him as chuckles leave me. "How could I love anyone else when the perfect person for me is standing right here? You do know how much I adore you, right L/N? I just love you!"

"Ryouta, you big idiot!" I sling out an arm to push him away as I continue to laugh, but the door slides open. 

In walks Todoroki and Katsuki. 

"Hm?" Todoroki mutters out, eyes landing on the two of us. He blinks twice and then looks to Katsuki, finger pointing at Ryouta and I. "See? I told you that L/N would be here with Ryouta."

Both of us take a few seconds to realise everything. And Ryouta shoves me away, into the table and making the items on the benchtop rattle and fall onto their sides. I rub my hip and glare at my mechanic. "Hey, you asshole!" I grumble out.