Chapter Forty: The Second Secret

Word Count: 6517

Before All Might can say anything to me, he waves to my classmate to come closer. Midoriya points at himself before looking around him. He ultimately figures out that there's no else else All Might could be pointing to, so he nods his head frantically. 

Midoriya walks up to our spot on the bench and speaks in a hurried voice that I've heard quite a few times, "Uh, sorry to interrupt! Mr Aizawa was just wondering where you two were and sent me to go find you." He looks at our expressions before tilting his head. It seems like he could read this. "Is everything alright?"

"Young Midoriya." All Might says in a serious tone, making me look up to him. I could forget that this guy has been one of the best Pro Heroes when he was speaking to me so casually. My classmate stands still, gulping in anticipation as the Pro Hero spoke. "Young L/N and I were having a talk about her auntie Yori, Sorceress."

He raises his brows at us both once he hears that. "Oh? Really?" Midoriya asks, sitting down on the other side of me. I scoot over to make space for him. It's like this was becoming some sort of club and he was our newest member. "I'm actually a huge fan of her, like I am with your dad! You come from a very talented group. That only makes sense that you're just as talented as well! Your family is so cool, L/N."

I smile gently at him. He was always so nice to me, even though he hadn't spoken that much this year. The only times I had, it would be to prevent another fight between him and Katsuki with Kirishima helping me, or perhaps we were paired up since we sat next to each other in class. Only a few times have we spoken outside those circumstances, like in Hero Basics. I remember that he would ask me about my quirk and my family  for his notebook. 

Nevertheless, he was always kind to me. 

I speak, "Thank you, Midoriya. I think you're cool too."

His cheeks tint pink before he looks away.

It's quiet again, agonisingly so. 

I couldn't say why I felt so awkward here when I'm pretty okay talking to the both of them separately. More-so with Midoriya, because we had all these classes together and now live in the same building. Maybe it was because the two of them were brought together that I wasn't exactly sure how to act. 

But in the end, I mumble out to the Pro Hero on my left, "I'm sorry for asking. I just can't stand being so confused about everything anymore." I clench the fabric of my pants under my palms. "After what All for One said about you, I couldn't help but feel compelled to ask you about it."

"It's alright, I don't blame you at all, actually." All Might retorts, grinning to reassure me. I feel my shoulders get less tense. "I think you deserve more than just the truth after what's happened. To you and to Yori. You spent all these years wondering."

That would be another thing I'd ask about. Why the authority decided to keep it hidden from Aunt Yori's family. Dad's a Pro Hero and he's devoted. I doubt we could've been a threat of any kind if they did tell us. And even if we were, the government keeps track of everyone and Pro Hero families especially.

Dad has told me about times where a Pro Hero he was interning under had gone rogue, turning into a villain after their daughter had been taken hostage and was killed in a robbery. It was their only family, so they felt it hard when their daughter was reported dead. Dad was their intern but didn't know anything of their turning until the next day when the Pro Hero went on a rampage against the other local heroes, nearly destroying the three block radius. Their final move would've actually blown up that radius.

But the Hero Public Safety Committee was sending Pro Heroes from across the country already. They were were to stop that rogue hero around two hours after the fight had begun. Dad said that they were cautious of this happening, so had people on standby.