Chapter 43

Victor grinned big after he finished dealing with Joohyun. He didn't expect her courage could be so impactful to him. He truly admires her determination because of Lisa. But something must be done and he needed to coax her to head to the easiest path. The best option for everyone. They were actually interrupted because he kept coughing hard and unable to breathe. Minho got alerted and assisted Victor immediately. Joohyun being concerned called the emergency hotline. Good thing the emergency response team came right away.

Suho happened to be informed by the receptionist and went to accompany Joohyun as the hotel representative.  He needed to deal with the situation because the incident happened within the company premises. He followed the ambulance and asked Joohyun to calm down. He observed Joohyun wasn't acting her usual self. She was biting her nails and nervous over Victor's current state. She could not sit still at the front seat. She was unable to think if she should contact the Manobans or not.

"Irene, you still need to inform his family. Mr. Victor Manoban is our hotel guest." Suho pointed out hoping he made sense because Joohyun seemed to be receptive.

"Hey, did you hear me?" He called her attention. "Irene?" He glanced at her quickly and continued driving.

She was not paying attention and thing's weren't sinking in on her.
"She has no idea I met up with his estranged uncle. She might think I am meddling with her family affairs." She heaved

"You'll soon to be part of the Manoban. Do not forget that once you become Lisa's wife. He's going to be your uncle in law."

"I know that but their family has a long history of feud. I don't want this to be the reason of us fighting."

"Then call her parents. Call her father. After all they are brothers."

"Appa just got discharged, Suho. I cannot let him deal with his brother's situation."

"So what are you suggesting to do about this? What if this is something serious?"

"I don't know Suho, stop pressuring me. I can't think straight. I am all drain about so many things."

Suho raised his brow due to curiosity. "What did the two of you talk?" He got really alarmed seeing Joohyun acting so strange. He pulled over. "Irene tell me so I can help out." He couldn't stop his growing concern for her. She's someone too important for him to just let her deal things alone. He still wanted to be there for her.

"No, nothing. We didn't talk of anything." She denied.

"How on Earth you agreed to meet up with him when there's nothing to talk about? You are confusing me. And you are acting strange. I will have to tell this to Lisa. It's our hotel's policy and we are bound to do our job." Suho was disappointed not only Joohyun wasn't trusting him but being totally unprofessional by handling the situation poorly and putting personal matters before her responsibility as key personnel at the hotel.

"You told it yourself. I am going to be part of their family. I'll take care of this. I don't want you to mingle in my family's business." Joohyun removed her seatbelt and got out from his car.

"Irene, where are you going? I'll take you to the hospital."

"Just leave this to me." She hired a cab and left Suho dumbfounded.

"Why is she acting as if I told her something wrong? I am just trying to help her. She made me look a bad guy. What is going on with her?"

She approached Minho when she first spotted him at the hospital. "Where's uncle Victor?" She asked worriedly.

"They are doing some assessment, Miss Bae."

"Is he always like this?" She asked and Minho just nodded. She could not erase it on her head. She was terrified to see such thing. She knew there must be underlying health issues when someone coughs as badly as Victor did.