Chapter. 24

Third Person's POV

Seulgi wasn't expecting meeting the Kims would be disastrous. She thought she blew her chance for their approval after walking out from them. She did try her best to answer every questions they asked her. But the outcome wasn't really in favour with her. Jisoo assured her girlfriend they don't need anyone's approval. But Seulgi being raised in a traditional household wanted to have a good relationship with her soon to be in laws.

"Aren't we going to talk about it?" Jisoo scooted at her sit making their distance closer.

"What should we talk about? They prefer Lisa over me. How can I beat your best friend when she's nothing but perfect? Even Chubby Bunny is in love with her head over heels." Seulgi scoffed. She played the straw on her milkshake.

Jisoo's brows knitted, arms were crossed. "Why? Do you also like Irene?"

Seulgi scowled at her girlfriend. "What? No. I was just pointing out our difference." Hands clenched tightly. "I admit I always envy Lisa because she have everything. She's the main dancer in the dance club. She was with you all the time. Then Chubby Bunny was running after her." She sighed deeply.

"Seul," Jisoo reached out for her girlfriend's hand." I told you already, we're just friends. Though I loved her more than a friend before, Lisa was never over with Irene. I accepted it. At first it was hard but someone helped me. That was you. I had the hint you were my anonymous admirer under the pseudonym of Bear. I waited for you to come forward. Then I realized, probably I was just hoping for nothing knowing that you and Irene were together. Even Lisa thought so. You and Irene were getting jealous because of Lisa and I but we also felt the same way towards you and Irene. Wasn't it too funny? We were assuming too much." Jisoo caressed Seulgi's arm.

"The two of you were acting too sweet. And Lisa really did try to court you. Who would ever thought you didn't say YES to her?"

"I dissed her."

"Yeah right. Almost impossible. When it comes to Lisa most of people options would be Yes or Yes." Seulgi said sarcastically.

"Yah, I just told you, I turned her down and another fact check. Irene rejected Lisa. So Lisa doesn't always get what she wants. She also works hard for it." Jisoo said.

"Now, you're defending her." Seulgi walked back and forth inside the cafe. "Tsk,tsk."

"I am not. And this isn't about Lisa or my parents. This is about how we are going to handle our relationship, Seul. I can't believe we are fighting over this." Jisoo was tired explaining. And slumped back on her seat. "Can you sit back?"

Seulgi obeyed and reached out for her girlfriend's face. "I'm sorry, Chu. I am just so scared. I still wanted to win your parents' approval. And my insecurities from the past just resurfaced." She then kissed Jisoo's forehead.

"Let's call it a day." Jisoo said shortly.

"Are you mad?" Seulgi was getting more worried.

Jisoo sweetly smiled at her girlfriend. "I am not, you silly, of course I won't get mad. You are actually making me feel good, not that you are jealous. But seeing Kang Seulgi getting jealous made the butterflies on my stomach gone wild. I love you so much Kang Seulgi!"

"Oh, I love you more Kim Jisoo!" Seulgi wrapped her arms around her small girlfriend's frame.

"Remember that there is no competition between you and Lisa. You are the love of my life. Period." Jisoo cheekily said. And gave her a sudden kiss that surprised Seulgi.

"Stop doing that. You are giving me heart attacks, Chu."

"Uhm, why not? You're mine and I can kiss you anytime and wherever. You need to get used of it." Jisoo said with full of confidence. She couldn't hide her happiness. Something was unfold earlier when Seulgi talked to her parents. That's why she's really having the best day of her life.