Chapter 55

TUESDAY PERKS

Tuesday is Jisoo's favorite day. She got to eat a special food delivery only during this day. She had Oyakodon (Chicken and egg bowl) and Louisiana Gumbo last week. She's lucky to try different meals every week. It started few months ago and she's grateful because she's quite pampered as Seulgi's girlfriend. She's on her usual business mode when she received her dinner. She ate well and it was sufficient for her big appetite. Her tummy seemed not to be bloated after even she would eat like a Queen. Whenever she and Seulgi eat together it's like they are going to film a mukbang vlog. 

Jisoo's made time to check the manpower list and they needed another chef to fill in the complete line up. It was noticeable that most of Lisa's pioneering chefs were being pirated by their competitors. They were offered a great salary, employee perks and benefits that's why they changed team. She didn't not interfer to those matters before because it was still Jennie's scope of job. She was just assisting the restaurant temporarily while they were away. But she decided to take over fully as the general manager when they returned because Jennie barely has her me time. She's taking care of the baby and Lisa is not fond seeing them. Hoping maybe she would check their business anytime. It saddened Jisoo that Lisa chose Joohyun and turned her back on her friends. She's not being irrational. She's just worried like a real sister for her. Something Lisa does not appreciate at all.

She halted all her writing activities as well as the publishing of her upcoming books knowing it would be hectic. Even the upcoming art exhibits to focus on the restaurant. She would withdraw from the position once she thinks Keenu is good to be left with his nanny alone. She could not bare to look at Jennie being so tired because of her mom duties. And she wanted Lisa to take all the time she needs to realize her unacceptable relationship with Joohyun. She disapproved it because of a lot of reasons and she only wanted to look out for Lisa. But she understood as well that she will never listen to them. She's madly in love with her first love and them being against the relationship would appear as villains. Only if Lisa could see her point of view and maybe they are still hanging out or she would at least drop by and say hi.

"Ma'am Kim should we put it on the ads, that we are hiring? The other chefs are starting to complain due to their tasks are loaded enough." Jisoo's attention turned to the worried supervisor. He had been raising this concern since last month.

"Mr. Ha, do you have any recommendation?"

"Unfortunately I don't have right now. Chef Nakamura already did the contract signing in the newly open Japanese restaurant across the street." He's one of the chefs in Jisoo's prospect list. She's been eyeing that Japanese chef for weeks. She didn't know the newly opened restaurant was also eyeing him.

"And when would be Chef Escoffier's last day?" She was browsing other details of manpower list.

"This coming Sunday, Ma'am." The manager's answer made Jisoo snapped.

"Aish is it this coming Sunday already? Why do we keep losing our assets? Is he also being recruited?" Jisoo forgot the reason. It was Jennie who signed the resignation letter of the French chef. She did not recall it or she just missed it out.

"His wife is terminally ill and he needed to stay by her side, Ma'am." Mr. Han explained.

"I'm so sorry it slipped on my mind." She took a deep sigh. She liked the French chef. "Make sure to give him a send off party on his last day he's nothing but a good employee. I checked his records. His overall performance is good. But family first so we can't be the reason to hold him back."

"Got it Ma'am. Do you have other instructions?"

"I'll take the lead looking for the replacements. I think the one sending my special treats should be on my top list too. I will just have to ask this with Seulgi if she has the chef's contact information."