Chapter 52

LISA

I woke up when I heard someone constantly calling my name. He's been prolly trying to wake me up. I didn't know how long I was sleeping on the couch. I was waiting for any updates from the emergency room but no one bothers to give me the updates. Taeyeon unnie excused herself to get Joohyun's stuff from their home earlier then I dozed off.

"Hey, Lisa. Wake up. Go to her room they have spare bed where you can rest comfortably." He said.

I checked my watch and then looked at him. Suho smiled at me warmly as he offered a hot espresso. He sat beside me and I was wondering as to why he's being so friendly with me.

"Enjoy it while it's still hot. Taeyeon unnie called me and informed you're watching over Irene." He continued. "You know we didn't start with the right footing. I'll be honest I envy you in so many ways. I did everything so Irene would eventually see me but after all this time it has been always you. Pretending to be in a relationship made my hopes high but there are things we can never change." He glanced at me.

"Why are you telling this to me?" I asked.

"Because she deserves a second chance. Not that she really cheated on you. She just did what she thought was best for your relationship. Lower your pride. She has suffered enough and regretted her bad decision. Don't be hard on her, Lisa."

"Do you mean to say, there's nothing really between the two of you?" I asked curiously.

"Irene is yours, her body and soul. I don't think I could ever match you. It's unfair because I didn't stand a chance." He chuckled. "So dude, take care of your woman. She's not even listening to me. All she does is eat like there's no more tomorrow. If this continue then I don't know anymore. She only listens to you. If you can remember, she had this driving force to be healthy so when the two of you meet again you would see her as someone worthy of your love. Make it happen again, Lisa. Help her."

"Thank you." I only said.

"Don't mention it. I am just doing this for her. Maybe your love story needs not only a second chance but unlimited chances. You know that the two of you are really destined for each other. Irene tends to be doing a lot of mistakes in handling your relationship but focus on what she did for the two of you. Don't hate her flaws. Between the two of us, you know her better. You guys have been through a lot and been friends for a long time before turning into lovers."

I only nodded in agreement.

Suho extended his hand, "Think things thoroughly. Again, don't let your foolish pride ruin such a wonderful love story. You can always twist it and have your happy ending story. Go and be with Irene. Do we have an agreement?" I took his hand to seal the agreement between us.

I don't personally know Suho but this made me tear up. I wasted so many months trying to get away from Joohyun. She had been waiting for me but I became too coward to face her and to admit my real feelings even I already know her real reason. It shouldn't be this hard. I don't need her to be in a hospital bed unconscious before I realize that what I am doing is wrong. I don't need to lose her literally to see her worth. She's worth everything. Joohyun is my great love and I can never love someone as much as I love her. We are both mistaken and we need some healing.

"Go, Lis. She must be awaken now. Just let her know I drop by. She'll be more happy to see your presence than mine." He patted my back to encourage me.

"Thanks a lot Suho. I can't thank you enough. I hope we can get to know each other more and become real friends."

"Not a biggie. Of course, I can be friends with you if you would stop hitting me on my nose." He jested. "Glad you didn't punch me the moment you saw my face." He laughed so hard.