Chapter. 4

Past

The WHOLE AVOID FAT BAE saga continued for several weeks.

Today is school festival at the same time Valentine's celebration. There are various of events inside the campus. But a lot of students gather to the marriage booth paying to get married with none other than Lalisa Manoban.

Lisa  thought she will be paying the booth to get married to Joohyun.  Because she would always do every Valentine's Day. Yearly she treats her fat best friend in a restaurant because no one does. She looked for Joohyun everywhere. Even though she was ignoring her she still cared for her but made sure she had enough distance soo Joohyun would never know about her.

Kim Yerim, the Journalism Club president dragged her out from the classroom. To make sure the marriage booth will earn enough money. Since the money they will collect from it will be donated to charity works.

"Come on, Lisaya, pose and smile. Don't act like a statue there." Yeri complained as she was instructing Lisa to pose. She'll have an article about how Lisa helped out the campaign to get more donations.

Lisa ignored the small turtle. She checked the long queue of boys and girls outside the marriage booth. And took a deep sigh. "Are they all here to marry me?"

"Yes, and remember our deal?"

She gritted her teeth when Yeri reminded her about the deal.

"If you wish the bullying to be stopped then I'll help you. No one can ever touch or bully your fat best friend. But you need to give me something in return." Yeri was proposing a deal with Lisa who looked all confused about the offer. And of course she realized this opportunity comes once so she better hear the turtle out.

"Tell me, what do you want in return?"

"First Fat Irene is not good for your image, for God's sake why can't you stay away from her? You're one of the campus crushes Lis, think about your reputation. Second we are doing a fund raising. I need your participation in the marriage booth. Like 100% participation. Third, uhm well I don't like the idea but they are  pressing this one. Court Park Sooyoung. The two of you possessed such great influence in school. If the two of you become the campus power couple then you'll both be going to endorse our upcoming school campaign.  Just try to date her. We will set everything for you. A lot of eyes are going to follow all your moves. I am not really pushing the third one. But another prospect for Miss Popular just came in. You might want to consider the new girl."

Yerim got a big crush on Lisa but she knew the rule in the campus. She wanted to stay in power, so no, she won't risk it for Lisa. She was just relaying the student council's message.

"New girl? Is it Kang Seulgi or Kim Jisoo?"

"Forget about Kang Seulgi. The two of you have the same vibe. Of course it's Kim Jisoo. I know you are already getting close to each other. Students are so hyped about the two of you. Make it official." She understood what this turtle was trying to imply.

"Well, I don't know if she likes me romantically. I won't promise anything but I enjoy her company to be honest."

"Cool so it won't be a problem. Just continue being close with her. I got your back. We will write articles about the two of you. No need to be in real relationship, Lis." She patted Lisa's back and went out from the classroom.

She thought of the deal. She's doing this for Joohyun. Even she's not close with her anymore at least she's doing something to protect her.

"Hi Lis, you ready?" She was so engrossed with her train of thoughts. That was Joy talking to her. She's on the priority list for the marriage booth. She's one of those who wanted to get married to Lisa. Lucky Joy she didn't have to pay for it. Yerim got her covered.