Chapter. 14

LISA'S POV

Have you ever been in a situation when you wanted to see someone badly but when it happened you wish the entire ground would open and swallow you up? I was just talking to Sooyaah because she called to check how am I doing. My mom got me all confused telling someone brought me home instead of Sooyaaa. I don't recall any woman with me other that Sooyaaa and Sooyoung. As I entered the powder room I felt a pair of eyes looking at me but didn't pay much attention to it. But as time passed by, I suddenly felt the urge to stare back at the woman through the mirror.

"Sooyaah, I'll call you back."

She gave me her signature million dollar smile. That was just too sneaky since I'll die to see the kind of smile. I was having hard time to take in what's really going inside my head. She looked familiar at the same time a stranger to me.

"I think someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed." She started. "How's your sleep?"

My eyes grew wider! I was trying to process it. She sounded just like my Joohyun. Well, she looks the same but not totally the same. I could not really point it out.  Is she Joohyun? She's her petite version. Wow, this woman took my breathe away and it's illegal. She's smiling at me like so satisfied to see me in this kind of situation. I don't know how should I react. I never felt this confused my entire life. Not even when I realized that I am really a gay person. Yes, I was born this way and I embraced all the gayness in me. But hell seeing a slim Joohyun had me all go nuts and sending me into a different world. Is this real? Is she real? No wait? Is my Joohyun sick? What the hell? How did she drastically slim down? Not that I am complaining but I do love the fat Joohyun. Right now as if I am seeing some kind of celebrity and we are alone in the powder room. Please pull yourself together. Don't you dare faint and embarrass yourself. Keep it cool.

"No, way!"

"Yes, way."  She replied.

"It can't be," I held my chest. I felt suffocated, my heart aches. I remember vividly how she turned me down when I confessed her. I was used to it but my final confession really had me lose my confidence in myself. I felt that I was unworthy for anyone's love because the only person I ever cared for never felt the same for me. She was walking towards me so I stepped backwards. I just made up my mind to move on from her but why does that the odds against me?

"It's me Lalice, why do you seem like you've seen a ghost." She chuckled.

Wow she looks so fine and well while for years I've been living miserably. She has the audacity to laugh at my expense. Is she taking me for a fool? Why is she  be being so rude? Doesn't she knows how hurt I am even until now?

"Wait!" I struggled to let my voice out.

"Yes, Lalice. Don't be afraid. This is me. Well, I just change physically. But this is still me."

"Stop right there. Let me just freshen up. I think I am not sober yet. Gosh, I should really not go drinking anymore. It's really messing my head." I muttered to myself and didn't care if she heard me.

She chuckled and just watched me as I went on with my business and washed my face.

"Here." She handed me her handkerchief that looks very familiar especially the initials embedded in it. L.M. I averted my gaze on her. She still keeps my hanky. Why? Is she feeling guilty about our past? So she needed some closure that's why she's being this nice to me now? Wow, I felt like crying my heart out. The seven year old pain from the past resurface. I guess everyone really needs a proper closure. But we weren't a thing? Why would we need a closure? Oh, I get it now. She wanted to live in peace. Now that she has what she wished for of course she needs my forgiveness so she won't be burden of her guilt trip. She's happy with Suho, she looks stunningly beautiful and healthy what else is there? She doesn't need me and she just pity me for sure.