Chapter. 26

25 missed calls Ruby Jane
5 missed calls Dad
4 missed calls Mom
11 missed calls Seulgi
9 missed calls Sooyaaah
2 missed calls Wannie
3 missed calls Sooyoung-ah

109 messages

Incoming call, Bae Taeyeon...

My notifications were all turned off except for Joohyun's number and the recent added contacts. I was not able to check the caller id before answering it.

"Lisayah, what the hell are you doing?!"  I felt attacked by Taeyeon unnie out of the sudden. There was hatred in her voice. She never yelled at me. As in never in my entire existence. I'm unnie's favorite. I am  still stuck at the traffic jam when my phone rang. I was actually waiting for Joohyun. I wonder what in the world was taking her long before checking my messages and calls. I got disappointed because it wasn't the younger Bae.

I got flustered that I could not compose myself. " Uhm, I know unnie, I am sorry. I am bit late but I am on my way now to pick up Hyun from work." I answered unconsciously.

"No, what are you talking about? This is about the engagement, Lis. Well, I thought you are way different from other people out there. How could you do this to my little sister?" She continued to rant over something I had no I idea what it was all about.

That made me puzzled. "Huh? Unnie, I am about to pick up Joohyun but I am stuck in the traffic jam. Hyun isn't replying at all." I repeated myself. Probably she didn't hear my explanation earlier. "And uh- engagement? What engagement, unnie?" I asked, I really didn't follow the conversation.

"You sounded unaware of the mess you're in Lisayah. Oh, no, no. Just don't bother to pick up Hyun. I don't think she'll go with you. And please don't you ever show up here in our house. I might do something bad. Aishh." she then hung up.

"Unnie? Unnie? Hello?" My eyes were left staring on my phone screen, good thing the traffic light was on stop signal. I was not able to process what Taeyeon unnie meant about engagement. That's odd. My engagement was already called off. So  why was she so fussing over it?

What engagement was she talking about?

I set aside the unsettling feelings I had and focus on the road.
Finally, I got at the hotel where Joohyun works at. I waited nearby the employee exit. I'd been preoccupied thinking about Joohyun's possible reason of ignoring my messages and calls when my attention was called upon.

"Lisa!" Seungwan ran to my direction. She went out excitedly from the employee exit to approach me. A ball of sunshine was bouncing towards my direction. I just couldn't helped myself but to smile at her warmly.

"Oh, Hi, there Seungwan, what's up? Have you seen Joohyun?" I stared back from the exit where she came from. I was being hopeful she would come out any time soon but to no avail. I was not totally paying attention to Seungwan. But I could feel her radiance since she's the type who would always put a smile on her face and gives off a positive energy to anyone around her.

"I was trying to call you earlier. I heard the news, Lisa." She lightly smacked my arm. I did not give much attention to her.

"Seungwan, I am in hurry.  So uhm, have you seen Joohyun? She supposed to be out from work this hour." I held her shoulders to steady her. Seungwan just gave me a puzzled look.

"Are you guys supposed to hang out today?" There was a glimpse of sadness in her eyes or I just thought wrong. " Yeah, she left few minutes ago with Suho. They are kinda in hurry, though."

"What? With whom? With Suho? Why?" I looked around as if I'll be able to catch them.

"Whoa, Lisayah wait up. I don't know. I just saw them walked together and she got inside Suho's car. Is something wrong?"