Chapter 34

Lisa was on her way home when a heavy rain poured down. She was trying to focus on the road but it's kinda impossible for her to see the dark streets ahead. She still had Joohyun on the other line, she knew her girlfriend might have fallen as sleep already because she heard small snores.

Nevertheless she still mindful to inform her what's her situation. "Hon, I think, I need to hang up now. You sleep well, okay? I'll just send you a message when I got home. Goodnight, Hyun. I love you so much. Mwah mwaah,  mwaah, mwaaah, tsup, tsup. Geeeez I love you super, Hyun." She giggled on her own silliness.

So she ended the call, she pulled over in a nearby coffee shop. "Aish, I didn't check the weather forecast. Why it suddenly rain tonight?" She got inside the coffee shop to order a cup of hot chocolate. After placing her order and got her waiting number she sat nearby the entrance where she had a better view of the street outside.

She decided to send Joohyun a message telling her she stopped over in a cafe until the rain would stop because she didn't want to get into a road accident. To get into any trouble is the last thing on her mind especially her dad is still at the hospital.

Her attention was diverted to a black Chevy, running so fast. She wondered why the driver would drive like that. With the heavy rain the roads are surely wet and that could be dangerous. Her eyes just followed the car until it was no longer visible to her eyes. Then what made her snapped was when another black vehicle speeding up like chasing the first car that passed by. A Mini Cooper, her curiosity gotten her last nerve and she hurried and left the cafe.

"Ma'am you forgot your order!" The server called for Lisa's attention but she seemed not to bother and just hurried back to Joohyun's car and followed the chasing cars. She totally forgot that she won't let herself be in any trouble. It was just a gut feeling that she needed to follow those cars. She sped up more than the usual. She had not blink her eyes because it was really crucial given the situation she could not see clearly.  The rain seemed not going to stop any time soon.

Lisa finally caught up with the second car. Her brows furrowed as she tried to read the plate number. "Who is she chasing this late?" She asked herself with growing fears inside her chest. "She'll get into accident. Is she outta her mind?" She murmured herself.

She quickly tried to toggle over the screen on Joihyun's car. Good thing her device was already connected. She tried to dial a number and waited until it rings. She continued driving as she waited for the other person to pick up but the call just being routed to the default voicemail after several attempts. An IVR prompted her to leave a message so she just hung up. She then tried to dial a different number but unfortunately she failed to reach the next person and was routed to the voicemail as well.

'Hello, This is Kang Seulgi, I am unable to take your call. If this is something urgent just leave your name and number and I'll call back as soon as I am available.'

"Why is she not picking up as well?" Lisa didn't want to contact Jisoo but she's getting so worried so she did anyway.

Finally someone answered her call. She was relieve to hear her best friend's voice. Jisoo answered with her slur voice, she was probably sleeping since it's already late at night.

"Yoh, Limario, what's up?"

"Sooyaaa where is Seulgi?"

Jisoo sat up straight as she felt the seriousness on Lisa's voice. "What's wrong, Limario? Why are you looking for my girlfriend?" She then looked outside the window and realized it was raining so hard.

"Do you have any way to reach her? Tell her this is urgent. Just ask her to call me back when you talked to her."

"What are you up to? She might be sleeping now, that's why she's not able to pick up. Where are you? Why do you sounded like you're in a middle of something?"