Chapter. 22

I didn't have any choice but to ensure Jennie would return safe in her hotel suite. I had trouble about my car aish, I just left it. I should get it back so I can use it tomorrow when I fetch Joohyun.

I drove Jennie's car. She fell asleep so I woke her up when we arrived at the hotel.

"Jen, we are here. You need to get inside and rest."

"Are you going to leave?"

"Jennie, I already told you. I am calling off our wedding. I didn't even bother to buy you a ring."

She then started crying. "Lisa, please don't do this to me. I'll do everything."

"I don't want to repeat myself Jennie."

"I'll be fine even if you go with her, you can date her all you want but we are getting married."

"Jennie, are you hearing yourself? You don't deserve that. You'll find someone better. Someone who'll love you. Never settle for less. Come on, I'll walk you to your hotel suite."

I ordered food for Jennie so she could eat because I was so sure she haven't had her dinner yet.

I made sure she would eat everything and waited for her to sleep. I felt guilty about her state. I told her we would discuss it some other time and my decision was final. She looked peaceful while she was sleeping but her eyes were swollen. Aish Manoban, don't ever think of anything. I mentally encouraged myself not to feel so guilty.

I left her hotel suite around 9pm. I will just hire a cab to get back to Shilla Hotel for my car.

How stupid of me I haven't called Hyun since I went with Jennie. I was cramming to dial Hyun's number inside the cab but she was not picking up. "Pick up, Hyun. Please, pick up."

She didn't answer. She was probably tired so I didn't pursue it. Seoul's streets were quite busy, the city seemed not to ever sleep. The cab slowed down due to the stoplight so I  looked out the window when a familiar tall girl caught my attention. It was unmistakenly Park Sooyoung with a guy who kinda looked familiar too but could not recall his name. He was forcing Sooyoung to go with him and by my observation there was a resistance on the latter's side. "What is his problem?" I mumbled by myself. The cab started to move again. And I was still occupied with my own thoughts, debating if I should check it myself and allow my intuition to guide me. "Shit!" I accidentally voice out my thoughts that startled both me and the driver.

"Yes, ma'am? Are you saying something?" The driver asked with puzzlement.

"Can you please pull over?" I politely asked.

"Eh, I thought you are going to Shilla?"

"Here's my fare. Keep the change." I gave him the money and the driver took it and scratched her head.

"Thank you." He said then, when he stopped the cab I went out and hurried to where I believe, I saw Sooyoung and the guy who was harassing her.

I looked around but they were no where to be found. I went to check the next alley since I heard a small voice of a woman but I wasn't so sure if I was just hearing things.

This part of the city was really dark so I tried to adjust my vision. I myself was already creeping out because I was all alone.

"Let me go!" I heard Sooyoung's voice full of desperation. My blood boiled as I saw the same guy who was cornering her. I rushed to her side and punched the guy as hard as I could. That should knocked him off.

"Sooyoung? Sooyoung is that you? Are you fine? Did he do something to you?" My voice was shaking in fear that he might have done something worse.

She then hugged me back and I felt how tensed she was. She wasn't talking at all.