Chapter 38

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Careful, Honey." Lisa kep reminding as she held Joohyun's small waist. They were almost reaching the mountain's peak. She observed that Joohyun wasn't really talking.  So literally Lisa talked to herself most of the time. She knew Joohyun's scared from high places. Yes, she knew it wasn't a good idea but Joihyun agreed to it she didn't force her. At the back of her mind, she was still wondering how she was able to convince her to do this. Joohyun had been firm with her BIG NO. Then she changed her mind. It was still a mystery for Lisa.

Joohyun tensed up since the rocks were slippery due to the rain earlier. She was fully determined and wanted to impress Lisa that she could be fun to be with. They were wearing full safety gear but she was still scared of rock climbing. She never imagined herself climbing the edge of the mountain like that. She was never an athletic type. She wondered how on Earth she agreed with her girlfriend. But she felt the need to be competitive knowing Wendy loves outdoor activities. She wanted to join Lisa to whatever adventures she's planning in the future. She wanted to be the best version of herself, someone funny and an outgoing girlfriend of Lalisa Manoban. She'll do everything for Lisa. That's how whipped she is.

As they continued climbing Lisa tightened her grip on the rope. She tried to push Joohyun upward. She poured all of her strength. She's aware both of them were tired and once they got in their destination they would put up a tent and camp out through the night. Their belongings were tied up in the rope too so she would just pull it up later. She specifically asked the guide for some privacy and not be disturbed. She asked them to have the other campers take a different route and spot. They didn't bring a lot of stuffs with them since some of the foods were already up there sitting on their spot. She was excited to watch the dark sky later with Joohyun. And talk random things with her.

"Come on, Hyun. You can do it." She winked at her to encourage her.

"Honey, I still can't reach it." Joohyun was pushing her body upward. It's the first time she ever talk after hours of climbing.

"Okay, hold tight, Hon." She pushed her limits and gave her remaining strength. "Arghh..." Lisa kept her focus knowing the activity was extremely dangerous and she needed to look after Joohyun no matter what.

Successfully, Joohyun reached the top of the rock. "Hooooray!!! Oh gosh, we made it, Honey!" She was so happy and proud of the result of her hardwork. She was jumping with joy though her heart was against it in the first place. She just don't want to lose over Wendy.

"Yes, you made it. I told you it will be fun, right?" Lisa tried to help herself climbing the edge to follow her girlfriend. She wanted to join her mini celeration. She was so exhausted and she could'nt feel her arms anymore. She's trembling but she just shrugged it and continued.

"Oh, because you keep pushing me to do it. Come on let me help you there, Hon. The view up here is so satisfying. You should see this." Joohyun extended her hand so she could pull her up. As Lisa was about to take Joohyun's small hand her left foot accidentally slipped.

"Ahhh , ahh..." She stared at Joohyun with great horror because she knew she's doomed. She fell down and was not able to grab anything solid. It happened so fast. She was just glad she saw Joohyun's beautiful face before it fell.

"Honey!!!!!" Joohyun shrieked. "My God." She dropped on her knees trying to reach for Lisa though it's kinda impossible. A lot of ugly scenarios played on her head so she chose to shut her eyes. She couldn't watch it.

The falling had stop and Lisa was just hanging at the rope, thankfully the harness saved her from a serious accident. It would be impossible to live after a very bad fall. She chuckled  and enjoyed the adrenaline rush. For a second she also thought that it would be the end of her. No one could survive it. She was grateful she's still alive. She took a deep sigh. She looked up and saw her crying girlfriend. She felt guilty for making her join this activity  only to have a bad experience. "I'm fine, Hyun. See? I told you this is safe." She bragged and raised her two hands. They were at the peak of an 870 meters  mountain and she's making fun of the possible accident earlier.