Chapter 48

Thailand

"Mum-mum." Jennie was teaching her baby to call her Mom.

"Da-da." He giggled. "Dadada."

"No, baby. Mum-mum... Mommy."

"Wan-duh"

"Wanduh?" She groaned after hearing Keenu said a different word. "Lisaaaaaaah what have you been teaching to Keenu!?!"

The baby laughed seeing how frustrated her mom's face was.

Far across from Thailand and South Korea, Lisa stopped on her tracks as if she heard Jennie's angry voice.

"Did I just hear Jennie called me?" She looked around and checked the other tourists. "Strange. Why would I hear her voice all the way here? Maybe because of my jetlag." She shook her head.

She was no longer to be considered as a tourist in this place because she memorized the streets already. Once in a month she would travel to meet someone so important to her. She smiled seeing the thick snow on the road.

"I hope she won't kick my ass this time." Lisa checked her surprise gift inside her luggage. "She should love this." She grinned imagining what's gonna happen later when she met with the woman she owed big time.

Her roaming number was not working there so she decided to drop at the first store she would pass by to purchase a local sim card so she could communicate to Jennie in Thailand and to her friends in South Korea. She felt bad she did not tell Jennie where she was heading to. She already missed Jennie and Keenu. Her life would no longer be complete without their presence.

FLASHBACK

"Let's go back to Thailand. Let Jeongyeon and Joy manage the restaurant here." Jennie was convincing Lisa everyday to go with her.

"Joohyun might change her mind and ask us to reconcile. I can't Jennie. I am so sorry but I would love to stay here and the restaurant just opened we can't let other people manage it unless it's already stable."

"Lili this is an advise from your business partner. Are you going to be like this? How can you run your company if you would always let your emotions drive your decisions in life?"

"I can't, I wanted to stay here and wait for Joohyun to change her mind."

"I need your help there. And I do have other things to do in Thailand."

"Why do you want to go back in there? You have been pestering me to expand here now you are asking me to go back with you?"

"I need to hide there. My father would kill me since you are still not going to marry me. There's a larger problem I need to deal with."

"Just tell your Dad you don't like to marry me. We both agreed not to be in a relationship."

"No, Lili. This one is so serious. He's going to kill me. I'll help you with your company's trouble even your uncle.  Just help me hide this from him." Jennie touched her tummy.

"Hide that you are getting fat?" Lisa asked because she could not understand what Jennie was trying to imply.

"I am pregnant."

"What???????!"

"As a Kim this would bring a disgrace to my family's name. You need to help me. For as long as we are together my father would think we're in a relationship. He won't push the marriage. Please Lili, please."

"How? How can you get impregnated when urgh you know?"

"Of course this is not yours. This baby is someone else."