Chapter 56

Park's Residence

Joy's party was really big that her entire clan also was invited. But the party was not only about her birthday  but her grandfather's announcement of his early retirement too. It was also to introduce to other business partners who would lead the family moving forward. The responsibilities shall be turned over to the next family head and since most of the Parks didn't have a heir next in line. It would be choices among females third generation which Joy belongs as well. But she already declined it. She never likes to get involved in any of it and just be successful on her own. Her cousin who did not have any choice got chosen specifically by their grandpa. The former head of the Parks wanted his grand daughter to be responsible enough.

"Honey, let's just sit here. I will look for Jeongyeon to give our gifts to Sooyoung. If you feel uncomfortable please tell me. We will take our leave right away." Lisa suggested to Joohyun. The last thing she wanted to do is to deal with her friends' unpopular opinion about her relationship and life's choices. But it was not about them. It's for Joy so she did make time. Jeongyeon insisted that both of them should attend. She assured no one would make any fuss about her going to the party with Joohyun.

"I am fine. Go and talk to your friends." Joohyun assured. "I will just wait for you here. I don't like to be roaming around." To be honest, Joohyun  was just avoiding any possible confrontations. She knew that their friends would act civilly but she would still be offended with their cold treatment. She was just making it look okay knowing Lisa would be affected the most.

"Okay, I'll be right back, Hon." Lisa pressed her hand gently. "I love you so much, Hyun." She always make it a habit to tell that to Joohyun.

"I love you too. Just don't worry about me. I am really fine here." Joohyun gave her a peck before letting go of her hand.

Lisa looked for Jeongyeon. She did not see Joy coming towards their table and went to the opposite way.

"Irene?" Joy was aware that Lisa would come with her but she hadn't seen her around. "Did you just arrive? Where is she? Jisoo would be delighted to see her." She also wished that her friends would reconcile. She knew how close Lisa and Jisoo since highschool. And she admits it's kinda wrong of them to judge Joohyun when she had a good intention.

Joohyun greeted Joy. "Happy Birthday Joy. Yes, she's with me. She is actually looking for Jeongyeon to give our gifts."

"Look, Irene. I am not going to say anything about your relationship with Lisa. But please understand that Jisoo and Jennie are here too. You know you are always welcome. But I have no control with their feelings. They are still not okay with everything." Joy tried to explain.

"I know. I am actually leaving. You don't have to worry about it. I am so sorry." Joohyun was about to take her leave. She would just call Lisa and wait for her at the car when a familiar voice spoke.

"Hold on, Mate. You stay right there." Rosé tried to assess the whole situation and she's actually surprised that Joohyun was at the party too.

"Rosie?" Joy asked her cousin. "Do you know Irene? How did you know her?"

Rosé looked at Joy suspiciously. The way she looked at her cousin was somewhat judging her. "Are you asking her to leave? You know you can't, right?" She said it with her thick aussie accent and wiggled her brows. "Irene is my important guest. I believe Lisa is also around because she's here." She tried to search for the tall girl. "Oh, you can't just ask them to leave. This party is also mine. She's my guest, dear cousin." She said with full of confidence. Being the newly appointed family's head, Rosé's words have more weights that anyone in the family. Her decision will act as an important matter in their family. She thought she would not want such great responsibility. She thought she 
could use her authority in a great use. She had the haunch about the night and the guests that Joy invited.