Chapter 28

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Are we not going to talk about your sudden rush of all things, Nini?" He caressed Jennie's lap. The two slept together because Jennie called him in the middle of the night crying.
He didn't know exactly why he could not resist Jennie but he's going to be her slave for the rest of his life anyway. Anything for the woman he worships so much. He just wished Jennie would then realize his worth. Yes, he is still in love with her. He knew too well she is just going to use him. No string attachment and just this complicated set up he took chance gladly than nothing.

Jennie was pure innocent when the two of them met. He recalled how he made the girl fell in love with him head over heels but he wasted it because he was nothing but a coward.
He thought she wasn't worth it and his family would not approve it. He didn't know that he would then fell in love with Jennie right after the girl finally lost her interest on him.

After doing some business with her, the two of them felt they had some kind of special connections. But he didn't dwell on it. He thought it was just a simple crush. Because who wouldn't fall in love with Kim Jennie, right? He dismissed his feelings and told Jennie to stop loving him because it's not good for the business. He didn't like Jennie to think that he hits off with any business partners of him.

Now she totally moved on and became more independent. She became stubborn and brat who wanted to be only on top of everything.

"Oh, please. You know that I cannot back down. I'll get what I want and Lisa is mine." Jennie snapped and rose up from the bed. "You need to go home. Lisa might come here. For sure she's already aware about the upcoming wedding."

Kai got up too and slowly picked up his scattered clothes on the floor. He wondered if Jennie is just obsessed getting her goals or something more. She wouldn't cry out all night long like a baby if Lisa is just some kind of  trophy for her. He felt the girl has really fall in love with Lisa and that's where all her frustrations coming from. Because she cannot have what she wants. It somewhat gave him a stab on his chest. He might be too late to win Jennie's love again.

Once fully clothed he then walked towards Jennie and gave her a back hug. She turned to face him with confused look.

"I will always wait for you to love me back again, Nini." He planted a kiss on Jennie's right cheek. "Call me anytime."

Jennie knew that Kai is a changed man but she could not feel anything for him. She see him as a toy or possession. For now she's rather obsessed in getting Lisa's attention. She likes being challenged. She thought Lisa would be an easy one. Honestly her feelings wasn't that invested in her but the moment Lisa rejected her, it ignited something inside Jennie's heart. She wanted to be loved and be wanted by Lisa. She wondered how to be treated like Joohyun. She hates her to the full extent. Everything was doing great between them when the chef came and ruined it for them. Somehow Jennie knew that the Chef stirred something that Lisa couldn't help to resist. She needed to be ahead of Joohyun. She won't accept a defeat.

She waited for Lisa to come but no trace of her yet. She decided to call Lisa's mom to ask where the hell is Lisa. She'll have to bring Lisa to the food tasting to piss off Joohyun. This is to rub to the chef's face that Lisa and her are getting married sooner than expected.

After learning the news about Lisa's dad's condition she then called Suho to cancel the food tasting. But was informed he's on leave. His secretary just took note of her instructions. She fixed herself and once satisfied she headed to the hospital.

Jennie went to the hospital sporting a very expensive outfit. She wore her gentle monster shades. Most of the hospital staff turned to look at her. Both men and women dropped their jaws as they were so stunned and left wondering if Jennie's an international celebrity. She walked as if she owns the entire hospital.