Chapter 45

Everyone gathered for Lisa and Jennie's restaurant soft opening. The two acted civilly in front of their visitors. They were always professionals and could set their personal issues. Jennie was busying herself by checking everything at the kitchen while Lisa assisted their guests with Joohyun. But both of their parents left the event early due to other agendas. Lisa's father couldn't stay up late since he's still under recovery. While Mr. and Mrs. Bae needed to be at their High School reunion. Mr. Bae was chosen as the speaker and Mrs Bae as the presenter. Taeyeon informed them she would come a bit late to cover her absent colleague.

"Congratulations Manabon, this is lit. Can't wait to bring my family and friends here."  Yeri said.

"It's nice to see you after a very long time, Kim Yeri. Glad you reached out first." Lisa warmly welcomed Yeri, she still considers her as a friend after being true to her word to protect Joohyun from the bullies.

"I really thought you wouldn't invite me. I told Irene I knew about the upcoming soft opening through Joy."

Lisa looked at Joohyun then back to Yeri. "You did mean you two meet each other prior to this event?"

"Yeah, we did. By chance, I saw her at the Lotte Mall."

"Honey, why did you not mention she was around? We could have invited her sooner. I already felt bad that Joy only relayed the invitation to her."

"Umm, Yeri was..." Joohyun was trying to think of what possible reason she could use. She really didn't want to invite Yeri. She sensed the new comer could bring only trouble.

Yeri interjected, "Ah, I was actually in hurry that time, Lisa. I told Irene not to tell you yet that I am back because I wanted to surprise you. However Joy already spilled the tea of my arrival to the whole world so I was not able to pull the prank." She saved Joohyun that moment and gave her a wink so the latter would ride along.

"Ne, uhm. She asked me that." Joohyun added as she rides along with Yeri's bluff.

"Really? Glad to know you guys are getting along. Honey, why don't you tour Yeri around. I will just check the other guests." Lisa excused.

"Sure, leave it to me." When Lisa was already an earshot from them she then pulled Yeri at the corner.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Yeri asked.

"I should be the one asking that. What was that for? Why did you lie to Lisa? I purposely left out the details about seeing you because I don't think you are someone important to us. Don't you dare do anything here. I know you are here to find something to write about Jennie."

"Relax. I am here as a friend not as a reporter . I want to support Lisa's business that's it. Besides you should thank me for saving you there." She pointed out.

"I don't think I am indebted to you, Kim Yeri."

"Stop acting like you haven't lied to her for once. How long are you going to keep her blind? Do you think Lisa is stupid not to figure things out?"

"I only lie when needed and this is to protect her not for my own interest." Joohyun defended herself.

"Hmmm, as if that would matter anymore once she caught you lying at her. Good luck, Irene." Yeri left her and roamed around.

Seulgi went to check Joohyun who looks troubled. "Hey, Chubby Bunny. Was that Kim Yeri from the journalism club? I didn't know you're close with her."

"I am not but Lisa invited her through your future sister in law."

"Huh, sister in law my foot! What is she doing here anyway? I didn't know that Lisa and Yeri are super close. Hmmm don't tell me rumors from old days were true? People seen them hanging out at the library after class hours."