➴ 𝐂𝐡.𝟐𝟐

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 - 𝐒𝟏 𝐄𝟔

Skylar stood at her locker taking her economic books out ready for her next class. Her grey eyes flickering from the strawberry blonde to her books as she placed them in her backpack. Once the brunette had turned to face the other girl, she noticed two figures sitting on the floor further down the corridor almost out of sight. Her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed exactly who the two are; Jackson and Allison. She was confused as to why they were sitting and laughing with each other, when Allison had claimed to have hated the boy at bowling, let alone the fact that he had bullied her boyfriend for years.

"Sky, did you even hear what I just said?" Skylar looked up to see the strawberry blonde gazing at her with eyes much softer than she had expected.

"I was listening I prom—" The brunette attempted, her words cut short as she watched Jackson's head lean towards the dark haired girl.

Lydia watched as her crush's eyes widened, following her gaze she noticed her boyfriend sitting extremely close to her best friend. The sight caused a gnawing feeling to grow in her gut. They're relationship may not be the best but the strawberry blonde cares for Jackson deeply. She knew she wasn't in a relationship with him for the right reasons, she dated him because he's popular and so is she. It was always deemed inevitable they'd become the school's 'it' couple.

"Hey, it's not like you didn't kiss me." The werewolf chuckled, though it was with no malice and Lydia ended up also letting out a soft laugh, along with her blushed cheeks thinking about their moment.

ydia paused for a second, not knowing how to respond without admitting her feelings for the other woman. Her mind traced back to the day the brunette came to visit her, then kissing each other on her bed, it's a moment she loves to trace back to. A guilty feeling always managed to creep out inside of her, ruining the moment for her. She didn't know why she felt as guilty as she did, she knew something was different with Jackson, he was never in love with her like she was with him and she knew the reason why it was just a matter of time before they decided to call it quits.

"My boyfriend is flirting with my best friend, he doesn't even like her. What I did was because of what I was feeling." The petite girl finally replied, plucking the courage to say those last words; even if they were spoken quietly but loud enough for a werewolf to hear.

Skylar smiled lightly upon hearing those last words, a weird feeling erupted in the base of her stomach as if she had been on a rollercoaster. "You also had my hoodie on. Which, by the way, looked great on you."

"It did look great on me." Lydia reiterated a smirk plastered on her face, and on an impulse she grabbed the other woman's hand, holding it tightly.

The taller girl halted in her tracks, staring down at their clasped hands and frowning slightly. She didn't know why something so simple was affecting her so much. Scott's words coming back down on her like a ton of bricks, liking Lydia was something she hadn't planned. Hell, she hadn't liked the girl at all to begin with; she was someone Skylar avoided throughout their school years. Now, she couldn't help but scope out the corridors in the morning hoping to catch a glimpse of the familiar strawberry blonde curls.