➴ 𝐂𝐡.𝟔𝟓

𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧

𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 - 𝐒𝟐 𝐄𝟏𝟏

Skylar sat across the desk from Ms. Morrell, the new guidance counsellor, for whatever reason their parents had decided it's what they needed in order to heal from the events that occurred the past few days - not that Skylar had opened her mouth to even communicate with the woman. It was pretty ridiculous that they all had to have some form of heart to heart with a woman they didn't even know, let alone talk about what happened when they'd much rather keep it to themselves.

"Silence will get you nowhere, you know that right?"

"It's got me this far." The brunette shrugged in response, staring directly into the other woman's cold, calculated eyes in a fight of dominance.

"And how far is that?" Her eyebrow raised slightly, the two kept consistent eye contact with each other as they spoke. "You've answered none of my questions."

"Why would I need to answer when you already know the answer? I'm the last person you're talking to, surely that means someone's already told you everything."

Ms. Morrell constantly fired remarks back, it wouldn't have annoyed Skylar so much if it didn't make sense. "You're all different people, not everyone deals with pain the same."

"Pain? I don't see what that's got to do with anything. I'm not in any pain." The brunette shrugged, her words leaving her mouth a little too defensively.

"Everyone's in a little bit of pain, aren't they? Your brother, best friend, even your girlfriend. It didn't take much for them to open up to me."

Skylar's grey eyes rolled at the woman's response, of course the others would blab about everything that had happened. She pretty much expected them to the second they walked through the door, it didn't take much for them to open up to anyone.

"Do I look like the type of person to open up to an underage guidance counsellor?" She laughed at the thought of herself somehow opening up to this woman, as if it was so out of character for her to do such a thing.

"Who says I'm underage?" The woman inquired, arching her eyebrow as her eyes narrowed on the teen sitting before her.

"I don't trust you." Skylar spoke without missing a beat, almost mimicking the counsellor's actions as she narrowed her own eyes at the woman.

Ms. Morrell leaned forward on her chair, as if she was inspecting the teens body language and her facial expressions, she knew there was something going on with her - and she had a feeling she knew just how to crack her. "From the looks of things you don't trust anyone."

"What do you mean by that? I trust my family more than anything, I really don't see the relevance in all of this. I'm fine, and I'm certainly not letting a guidance counsellor tell me what I need to do in order to heal. I mean, it's all a load of bullshit really, isn't it?"