➴ 𝐂𝐡.𝟑𝟗

𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤'𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐚

𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 - 𝐒𝟐 𝐄𝟐

It was late when Skylar had woken up to the rambunctious sound of her phone ringing, her brother mumbling incoherently, explaining that the strawberry blonde may have potentially attacked a human. She told her brother she'd be there in around ten minutes, having only just woken up she didn't want to rush out of bed and cause a dizzy spell. After coming home from school all she wanted to do was go and look for Lydia, but her brother advised that she get some sleep, that he and Scott do it for her.

Five minutes had passed and the brunette raced around her room, shoving any item of clothing on, along with her trainers that just so happened to be unlaced. Within seconds she was dressed and ready to leave her house, with no form of transport other than her bicycle, it was probably best if she just ran.

Racing through the woods, Skylar let her senses guide her towards her brother's. She could feel the wind of the eerie night brushing against her skin, her night vision illuminating the dark forest so perfectly. Just as she caught a tremendous amount of Scott's scent, her body crashed into another sending them both tumbling to the floor.

"You're not Lydia." Scott spoke in realisation, it now made sense why the scent was a little weird and somewhat disturbing.

"Wow... how'd you figure that one out?" Skylar teased her best friend, with her usual level of sarcasm.

The other strange werewolf let out a growl in response, he leapt forwards attacking the young teen and throwing him onto the floor. Skylar grabbed a hold of the homeless looking wolf and threw him at a tree with brute force. Unfortunately the werewolf was a lot sturdier than she anticipated, and he jumped back to his feet before grabbing a hold of the brunette's neck, shoving her against the nearest tree.

Skylar hissed as she tried to break free from his hold, her icy claws had managed to pierce into his neck sending a chill down his body. He stared into her eyes with an eyebrow raised as he examined them, he had never come across a werewolf quite like this one. At first he had assumed she had taken an innocent life, just like every werewolf that had blue eyes; yet, there was something about the shade of blue in her eyes. And, the second her claws managed to pierce into his skin he could tell she wasn't an ordinary wolf like him or her friend. The older werewolf released his hold from Skylar, his body suddenly grew ice cold and he felt the urge to run.

"What?!" Scott shouted at the unknown werewolf that fled the scene, chasing after him.

Before the brunette could stop her best friend or even follow him, a scream was heard, the same scream she heard in the hospital that came from Lydia's room. Mere seconds later a familiar scent invaded her senses all at once. She knew exactly what the scent was, it was one she had grown to love. The familiar coconut smell was quickly washed away by a sense of fright. Her heart hammered against her chest at the sound, and before she knew it her feet picked up, racing towards the familiar scent reaching a speed of at least forty miles an hour.