➴ 𝐂𝐡.𝟑𝟒

𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 - 𝐒𝟏 𝐄𝟏𝟏

"Where have you been?!" Lydia practically screamed down the phone to the brunette, annoyance written clear throughout her tone. The two were meant to spend the night at the Martin household, binge watching a bunch of marvel movies with a shit ton of snacks. It was something the girl needed having the shit week she's had; with the breakup and how she's been being treated by her ex boyfriend for the past couple of years.

"I was busy." The brunette spoke a little too harshly for her own liking, not that she meant to but, she was actually busy surviving a hunter attack. Any one of the bullets fired in her direction could've pierced her heart.

A couple of seconds went by and not a single response from the strawberry blonde was spoken, until a scoff was heard down the phone.

"A text would have been nice. You know, considering you forgot all about me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't intentionally forget. I... uh- something came up." Skylar stuttered down the phone, she didn't want to lie to the girl but she couldn't exactly tell her the truth.

Lydia knew she was lying the second she opened her mouth, a sense of sadness washed over her all at once. She hadn't expected the woman she cared for to lie, and she had no clue why she'd lie in the first place. Her mind was doing overtime thinking of different scenarios on why she'd lie to her, each one ending the same way - the girl she was falling for with a certain blonde rather than spending time with her. It hurt her knowing that they had spent the night together and now she was being lied to.

"Were you with her?"

"Her? Who's her?" The werewolf's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, not knowing what she was talking about.

"That blonde friend of yours, were you with her instead of me?" Lydia's bitter, persistent tone spoke through the phone, hurt written evidently across her face at the thought of her crush with somebody other than her. She knew it wasn't her place to feel jealous of Skylar's company, considering they weren't dating. A part of her hated the fact that the brunette had another female friend.

"Caroline? No, I wasn't. Why does it matter?"

"Were you with someone else?" The strawberry blonde interrogated, her eyebrows creased together as she waited for a response.

"No, I was... uh, alone." Skylar stuttered for a second time down the phone, making a mockery of herself as she tried to justify her actions without actually revealing too much information.

Lydia sighed loudly down the phone, the action so deafening to any werewolf. "Why are you lying to me? I sat waiting for you, for hours and you didn't turn up. No text or nothing. I needed you, Skylar."