losing game

Well well well. Buckle up :)

****

I heard the water turn on in the bathroom, indicating he's in the shower now.

At first I hesitated, but I got up and walked over, slowly opening the door. The shower door already covered in steam from the hot water, his silhouette showing through.

I opened the door, "Mind if I join?" I asked softly.

Draco smiled at me and reached out his hand, "Come here." I grabbed onto him as he pulled me closer to him under the water.

He cupped my face wiping the water droplets on my cheeks away. "I miss having mint shampoo you know?" I raised my brows at him.

Draco laughed and picked up the bottle, "Good thing I have some."

He gestured for me to turn around. My back was now facing his chest as he rubbed the shampoo into my scalp.

I closed my eyes enjoying this moment between us. It reminded me of before and how right now we can pretend it's just the two of us but when we come out of the shower reality will sink back in.

I stepped back under the water and rinsed my hair. Draco softly grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.

"What?" I looked up at him.

"Not wearing your necklace anymore?" Draco asked.

I parted my lips in shock at his question. "Well, yeah." I said softly.

Draco tuck my hair behind my ear, "I still wear my ring." He whispered while looking into my eyes. I could tell by the shimmer in his eyes that he was hurt.

But what did he expect after everything? We are broken up. The necklace just kept reminding me of what we used to be.

****

Draco handed me some of his clothes to wear since I didn't have mine. I didn't know if I should take it or not. It didn't feel right but at the same time it did.

It used to be a normal thing for us.

"You can just give them back after if it makes you uncomfortable." Draco shrugged.

I pulled his hoodie over my head, "Do you want all your stuff back then?" I asked softly.

"No no, I was just saying if it made you uncomfortable." Draco said frantically and rubbed the back of his neck.

After I got dressed Draco pulled me towards the bed, "We need to talk."

"Yes, we do." I brushed my hair out of my face, crossing my legs while I sat in front of him.

He fiddled with his rings, which he always did when he was nervous.

"The reason I ended things, it wasn't because I stopped loving you." He looked up at me with soft eyes.

"We found out about Violet a week before. My father wanted nothing more than for us to be together, for power. You know how he is." Draco raised his brows.

I zoned out while thinking back on everything. All the heartbreak could've been avoided, or well at least some parts of it, if he would've just told me.

I would've been pissed off but I would've understood his situation.

"Why didn't you just tell me all this in the letter?" I questioned.

"Because he" Draco stopped himself before he could finish his sentence.

"Because he what?" I placed my hand on top of his.