start of the new year

a.n. 4/1/21: I absolutely hate the first few chapters and my writing but I promise it gets better, just stick around.

the start

I never really liked saying goodbye to my parents but this year was different, I was nervous to leave. Last year didn't end on a good note to say the least.

Leon and I boarded the train and headed into our compartment like we do every year. Pansy later joined us and a few minutes after, Blaise did as well. These were my people.

Not many people liked Pansy, she was a real bitch sometimes but she was my best friend. We met in year one and ever since then we've been stuck like glue. Blaise I also met first year, we became close in 3rd year when he comforted me after an argument with Leon, he always knew how to make me laugh.

We were all chatting together, talking about our summer. Leon bragged about how we moved into a new mansion and how father got promoted at the Ministry. I didn't feel like talking, I kept wondering how this year would play out.

Then he walked in.

"Oi Malfoy! Where have you been?" Blaise said while standing up to give Malfoy a hug.

"I was talking to Astoria," Draco said and winked.

What? Since when did they talk like that? Were they together? He didn't even tell me. But of course why would he, we had a huge argument last year on the last day of school.

He got angry with me because I was going on a date with Theo Nott. I don't understand why. Anyways me and Theo are dating, for 3 months now.

Draco greeted everyone but me.

He sat down next to Leon when Blaise interrupted their conversation.

"Are you not gonna say hi to Stella?" Blaise asked Draco.

"I don't talk to sluts." Draco said coldly.

My heart sunk, he called me a slut? How could he. We've been friends since first year, best friends I might say.

Leon's face turned into anger. Leon was always very protective of me.

"What did you just call her?" Leon said with attitude and grabbed Draco by his collar.

"Leon stop, it's fine." I said but a tear rolled down my cheek. No. No. No. I'm not letting him get to me. I'm not weak. I'm a Primrose.

I stood up and looked right into those grey eyes and said..

"Now Malfoy, don't be butthurt because I'm not your little slut, you can dream though."

His face expression went blank. I called him Malfoy. I was the only one who always called him by his first name.

I walked out of the compartment and Leon and Blaise told Pansy to go after me but I told her not to and I was just going to sit with Theo.

If Malfoy wants to act that way towards me then fine. So be it. Two can play that way.

I went to go find Theo only to walk in on him with Astoria sitting in his lap.

What. the. fuck.

"Theo!" I shouted.

He quickly pushed Astoria off and she smirked as she made eye contact with me.

Astoria. That bitch. We were friends in year one, all the way up to year 3 but she got mad because Draco blew her off to help me study for potions in the library. Talk about grudges. Now she went after Theo?